This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Goals for 2015!

Hola!

It has been a great week here in Huauchinango. Seriously, probably the best so far. I have a lot to say but feel like I have so little time, so here's hoping it turns out okay. First, an update on the food. :) It's amazing. On New Year's Eve we had tamales with one of my favorite families... oh my gosh. Better than you can imagine. And here in Huauchi they have the BEST tacos turados, which is basically a homemade taquito, but they do something different here where they are in green salsa with queso and crema on top. Oh my heck. Yep. Mexico is great.

Happy New Year! 2014 was fun and challenging, and I definitely have grown more in this year than in any other before it. For 2015, all of my goals are centered around trying to become more like the Savior. This month I am focusing on faith. 

This week was incredible for the work. Hna. Z. and I had an amazing experience the other day. We found out that we are both staying here for at least another cycle! No transfers! So we were talking about his next cycle. We were thinking of each of our investigators and how it is very possible that we can have a baptism every week this cycle. And then we thought, no - we ARE going to have a baptism every week this cycle! And at that moment both of us received a very strong spiritual confirmation that this is indeed the will of God. I felt the Spirit very strongly tell me that we have found the chosen, the prepared, and are going to baptize every week for the next 6 weeks. 

Conequently, we are willing to do everything and anything we can to carry out God's will. I am learning that there is a certain, undeniable power that is present as you testify and promise when you know the will of God. I can't really describe it, but all I can say is that I felt the Spirit very strongly in almost every single lesson this week. I can make promises like success in one's business or absolute peace in one's heart without a second of hesitation. It's strange and crazy, but it is amazing because I know it's His will. 

So, our investigators are doing great! We have a baptism on Saturday!!! The daughters of Maria., Fernando, and Magally. We are so excited!!! Maria and her husband aren't quite ready, but the girls are. On the 17th we have a baptism scheduled for the wife and mom of two members... And I'll keep updating you as the other dates come closer. :)

And now time for some miracles. Remember the couple we found in the taxi who had been praying for a church to marry in? Well they're doing great. In fact, the other day Paty told us some pretty incredible things that have been happening. #1 is that she had prayed for an answer about which is the true church. About a day later, she was resting, but not to the point of sleeping, when she heard a voice very clearly say to her "The true church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." 

Yeah. I think that might be an answer!!! Oh my gosh! And then she told us another story, of something that happened the night that we met them. Her son woke up from a nap crying right after we left the taxi. When they asked why he wouldn't stop crying, he said that he had seen God. They kind of brushed it off (he's only 3), but little Abraham reached down and picked up the Restoration pamphlet that we had left with them. He pointed to the picture of the Savior on the cover and said that he had seen Him. 

So, yeah. I don't really know what I can add to those stories but all I can do is testify that I know that this is the true church! I see way too many miracles and feel the Spirit way too strongly to have a doubt in my mind. I know that this is God's work and I am so excited to be a part of it. 

Love you all so much!!! Really with all my heart. You are my favorite people on the planet. Read the scriptures, pray, and do what you know you need to. This year, commit to become more like the person that the Lord needs you to be.

Con todo mi corazon,
Hna. Snyder
Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment