This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Great week!

It has been a great week here in beautiful Huauchinango! After the experience last week, I feel like I am living in a Book of Mormon story. This week has truly been a testament of how after adversity, we must learn, grow, and reap the blessings! We had 7 people at church yesterday! Score! Really, our numbers are soaring. Take that, Satan! 

Yesterday was a really beautiful day at church. I never used to like fasting before the mission, but it is actually something that I have really come to enjoy. I am more prone to feel the Spirit and the effects of a true fast keep going for much longer than the actual 24 hours without food. Yesterday, I could feel the Spirit very strongly at church, especially when one of our investigators got up to bear her testimony! When Abi bore her testimony it was one of the most beautiful moments of my mission. Both of her parents are pastors of another church and she has faced a lot of persecution especially from her dad, but she is valiant and strong. She is truly converted to this gospel and has a firm testimony of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and the Savior Jesus Christ. She is waiting with great anticipation the day of her baptism on the 14th. She is going to be a great leader in the church (I have received clear spiritual promptings of it)! She is 20 years old and has a lifetime of discipleship ahead of her.To have been able to witness this conversion has changed my life. 

Also at church was a new investigator, Maria. We found her on the street one day, sang a hymn, and she promised to go to church. Later in the week, we taught the Resoration, and on Sunday, she came to church with her cute little skirt looking beautiful as ever! She is a mom of 6, a grandmother of many, and she is ready for the gospel. I know she is going to be baptized.

Other people to pray for: Paola (baptism this Saturday!!!), Karen and Damaris, Victor, Juan, Yuli, the parents of Pamela and Lupita... and more to come in the future. :)

As for our companionship, I am so happy to be with Hna. Z. I feel like our relationship as a companionship has taken on a new level recently. I love her with all of my heart and think that she is probably one of the best missionaries on the planet, not joking even a little bit. Together, I feel like we are unstoppable. We have the same vision and the same faith that literally anything is possible. We know that we cannot have any success without the Spirit, and so we teach by his power every lesson. I feel so blessed to have had her as my trainer - President is truly inspired! I have learned so many things with her and am so glad that I am learning them now rather than having to wait longer in my mission.


That's about it for this week! It has been really great. We are working hard and I am loving being a missionary. Help the missionaries!!! Go with them to their lessons! Give them references! Help them keep all of the mission rules! You all are my favorite people on the planet. Love you so much!

Love, 
Hna. S

Kelly, thank you for the package!!!

I got a bunch of letters and a package from Denise, Vannie, Kelly, and Megan King! YOU ARE THE BESTTTTT!

Sunnnnnn:

The District:

They say that there are only 2 of these trees in the world... Huauchinango is so exotic haha!

 I BOUGHT ALL THIS FRUIT FOR 40 PESOS, AKA LESS THAN 4 BUCKS!

Rainy Huauchi:

 Battle wound - don't worry, I am still alive!

Tamales are one of my favorite foods ever!

I stick out like a sore thumb here in Mexico!

Sometimes we pack 7 people into a taxi. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment