This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Transferred!

Helllllllllllllloooo!

First of all, a huge SORRY because I forgot to tell you that p-day was going to be today! I knew you were going to worry but couldn't do much to change anything. Yes, I am alive!

And in... Actopan! It's a little city about 40 minutes outside of Pachuca. The ward here is GREAT. They have about 190 every Sunday and the members are really great. Way more organized and put-together than Huauchi. But oh how I miss that place! Everything definitely does not function in the perfect way, but I love it. It's like a little family and it will forever be my first Mexico home. But I am trying not to think about that! I am here in Actopan and here I'll stay until the Lord has other plans for me. And, great news! Hermana Zenteno is my Sister Training Leader, in my district, and my ward! Honestly, I thank my Heavenly Father because it is a blessing that has brought me a lot of comfort.

...The reason why is because this change has been very hard. More than anything is that my companion and I are, well, very different. In just about every way. She basically thinks that I only care about numbers and how we compare to other missionaries and nothing else. I won't get into the details (and obviously you all know that I do NOT feel that way), but I will just say it's been very hard. The hardest week of my mission by far. 

I have been thinking so very much about Mosiah 14. "...And he opened not his mouth." I have fasted and prayed with all of my heart for patience, humility, charity, and hope. And when I did EVERYTHING in my power to assure that I didn't bug her, the night came on Sunday and the gloves came out once again. I just blinked back the tears and said, "Ok, Hermana. I will try not to do that again." Really I thought I was going to have to call President and say I couldn't do it.

With that said, I am so, SO grateful for the conference with Elder Bednar yesterday. For me and for my companion and for this area. Elder Bednar told us that he doesn't go on these big trips to meet with missionaries or leaders, all though that's a great plus. He goes to find the "ones" that the Lord needs him to find. I feel as though maybe my companion and I were some of the "ones" that needed the influence of an apostle of the Lord. My companion returned from the conference with a very different attitude that has made things 200% better. Only a day has gone by, and things still haven't been rainbows and butterflies, but I can say now that I think we can do this! I think that we can make this work. Elder Zeledón reminded me yesterday of a goal I had set when I was with Hermana Sosa: "find the reason of this companionship." And now, I am applying this goal with Sister B. There has to be a grand reason for why we are here together. In this week, I have already been refined and changed, and I suspect that the Lord needs even more of that until we can call it good.

I didn't get a chance to talk with Elder Bednar (no one did), but Brooke or Craig, if you get the chance to talk to him soon, please tell him of this experience. I am so very grateful. 

Don't worry about me! We're gonna crank it out here in Actopan! Sorry I don't have much time today. My email time was cut short. But I love you all so much! You're the best!!!

"Change is the essence of the gospel. DON'T BE SOMEONE WHO RESISTS CHANGE." -Elder Bednar

With all my heart,
Hna. Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment