This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Just another day in paradise...

...just kidding. Huauchi has not been paradise lately. I think Heavenly Father was laughing with me because right after the letter I wrote to you about how hot it was, it got SUPER cold for like 3 days! Huauchi's weather is crazy. But I love it! Unfortunately I am feeling pretty sure that I will have transfers in a week. After 6 months in Huauchi, it's hard to think about leaving. I love the members so much and we have some great investigators who I love with all of my heart, plus our seven sweet converts. It's going to be hard to say goodbye. But I can't think about transfers!!! I've got to stay focused on the work here in Huauchi 2! 

This week was great! I have more good news about Valentina and Juan! Yesterday at church, I got to talking with Josafat who is studying to be a lawyer, and he gave me some GREAT information! He is going to help us get Valentina divorced! I don't remember if I told you this or not, but the problem with their marriage has been that Valentina was married before and never got divorced, so they haven't been able to get married. But Josafat told us that all she needs is her marriage papers and we're good to go! They've lived apart for so long that their marriage is basically null, we just have to seal the deal with the paperwork! YES!!! That means that we're planning a wedding!!! AHH I am so excited. This is going to be such a great member family. SO happy!

And I love Raul so much. He is such an interesting person with so much a knowledge and a sincere desire to know the truth. And he's going to find it! Prayers for Raul!

This week, we had interviews with President Egbert. Ah, so great. He is really incredible. We talked about the things I have learned in these 7 months. I told him that what I have learned most of all has been humility. And really it's true. I have had many humbling experiences and thankfully they have helped me to learn so many life-changing things. But President also shared with me something very important - that we must also find ways to refine ourselves and work on these attributes even without an "experience" that forces us to do so. We must open our hearts and give Heavenly Father all of our will. Sometimes, our hearts want to change and be better but our minds say, "That will be too hard" or "That's gonna take a lot of work..." We must freely give Him our hearts AND minds so that He can help us become the person He needs us to be. 

 I love you all so much. Talk to you in 6 days!  

XOXO
Hermana Snyder

Interviews with Pres. Egbert and apartment cleaning checks:



We're on a health kick... this is before a 6am run! WHOO!:

A wonderful family and the missionaries:

Perfect P-day - futbol and pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment