This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Strengthening the rising generation


Hey hey! Glad to hear Kels arrived home safe and sound. Looks like she and everyone is doing great. 

We had a great week. Today was temple p-day! I am amazed at the personal guidance and revelation that we can receive especially in the House of the Lord. And since we were in

Tokyo I decided to stop at the foreigner's store and buy an American 
chocolate bar and a bag of Jalapeño Cheetos even though it cost me 10 
bucks.. I just considered it a personal birthday gift! Haha. It's 
already the second half of this transfer, which means I'm almost into 
the double digit transfer numbers! We get 16 transfers and I'm almost 
10 which is scary. I'm gonna be considered "old" soon..

This past week was a good one. We didn't have much of a change in our 
investigator situation but we are really gaining ground with the 
members here in Koga. We had a delicious dinner with a family on 
Saturday night that had a friend over and we were able to teach. That 
is the ideal!! We also received two other referrals and strengthened a 
lot of relationships. Our bishop is really on our side right now and 
helping us a ton.

So, one of the big focuses here in the Asia North area is to strengthen 
the rising generation. Not only non members but also the youth in the 
church. We have been putting a big focus on working with the youth and 
strengthening their testimonies. We have seen big blessings from youth 
wanting to invite their friends to activities, learn about the gospel 
or seeing a change in them. We are also starting a new English class 
that is planned to bring younger students. Things are going great!

I love being here.  My testimony has grown so much, and I know with a 100% surety that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know God knows us individually and loves us. I don't have any doubt anymore. Of course we might have questions or wonders about certain things. But through the spirit I know that we can receive a testimony strong
enough to overcome any doubts or fears. I love y'all, have a great week!

Elder Snyder



The "Land of the Rising Sun"


Japanese English...cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment