This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, April 4, 2016

(Elder S.) Loving Koga

Hey everyone!

 This past week was great. So we got a new Elder in the apartment that has a gluten allergy. He's not deathly allergic to it so he still likes to eat stuff with gluten, but it isn't good for his body. So, to help encourage him to eat gluten free I've decided to go gluten free with him. Haha... It's pretty darn tough. but at the same time it's great. That, mixed with hard exercise in the morning, I've already taken off some pounds in less than a week. Woooo! 

The weather is starting to get nice and warm, as well, which feels great. I'm glad to hear that General conference was great, as expected. We'll get to watch it next Saturday and Sunday here in Japan. I can't believe it's been 6 months since the last conference. I feel like I say this every week but time really does fly. 

So, the past few weeks we've really been focusing back in on member work. So, the first 12 weeks I was here we received zero referrals from members. In the past 2 weeks we've gotten 5. It's been awesome! I love the members here in Koga.  They are great. We've been trying to visit everyone and get to know them. It's made a huge difference! Along with that just talking to everyone and trying to teach our investigators and less actives as much as possible. We seemed to have a lot of lessons fall through last week so that's always tough but things are looking positive for this week. 

That's about all I have for this week! I love you all! Have a great week and remember to apply what you learned at conference. 

Love, Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment