This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, August 1, 2016

The Purifying Power of Gethsemane

Hello everyone! Not a lot of time this week, but I just want to share something that I saw this past week that I really loved. This is from a talk from 1985 by Bruce R. McConkie entitled "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane".  I would suggest that all of you watch this talk (because it's really powerful) or at least read it. It's a great testimony builder of the Atonement of our Savior. For now I just want to share a little part that hit me:

"I am one of His witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears.
But I shall not know any better then than I know now that He is God’s Almighty Son, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through His atoning blood and in no other way."

I love this powerful testimony of one of the Lord's Apostles. I hope that all of us will be able to gain this strong of a testimony of the Savior and His atonement. I know that Christ is our Savior and that through Him we will become perfect. I love you all and will talk to you next week!

Elder Snyder and Elder Broberg
スナイダー長老とブローバーグ長老

No comments:

Post a Comment