This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hola, mi familia!

Has it been two weeks already?! Weird! Time at the MTC is a crazy thing. The days go by so slowly, but time passes so quickly. I don't know how I feel about it. The MTC is getting better with each day. I am studying really hard! Harder than I ever have in my life! Way harder than school or college or anything else. The crazy thing is that there's no test. There's nothing I "have" to study for. I'm studying hard because I'm on the Lord's errand and time. And if I was to not study my hardest, I'd be wasting His time. NOT ON MY WATCH! 

I'm doing everything I can to learn this language. Remember how many times I said, "Spanish is easy!" Well, I was wrong. Speaking any language other than your own is so hard. I have so many things I want to communicate, but can't. But the Lord is blessing me so greatly! I can pretty much pick the words I know to communicate any of my thoughts, just not in the eloquent way I would in English. It's going great; I just need to have more patience (the trial of my life).

My companions are still good. I love my district. We all get along so well! My district leader walked in after a meeting the other day and said, "I just have to say, I love you all so much! Every other district was talking about all their problems and when they asked for any problems we might have, I told them we had none! They couldn't believe it  and kept asking, 'Are you absolutely sure?' and I just had to keep saying, 'Yes! We all get along and have no problems!'" So, yeah. Our district is awesome. I love the district leader, Elder Yoo. He is a convert of about 2 years but he is literally brilliant and has such a strong testimony. Plus, he plays the piano like a madman, so we jam out and it is THE BEST THING EVERRRR.

I don't know what else to say! Life is great! The MTC is great! Last night Stephen B. Allen spoke at devo and he was awesome and inspiring.

OH MY GOSH. I just remembered something BIG. My life changed last night by watching Elder Bednar's talk "Character of Christ." Seriously. Life-changing. Family and all others who read this email, get ahold of this talk. Google it, look it up. It is amazing. I have so much to work on. I have so much to change.
I love the Savior. I know the Atonement is real. I know that He loves and blesses us each day. I love you all so much! I miss those sweet little babies, but keep sending pictures!!!

Con mucho mucho amor,
Hermana Snyder



No comments:

Post a Comment