This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, November 3, 2014

"We are not earning heaven, we are learning heaven."


It was a great week at the MTC! The weeks are going by super fast now. I wrote down some things from my journal last night so I could remember what happened this week, because I always get to the computer and can't remember! First, I haven't told you at all about my maestros! My teachers! Hna. Ferrell and Hno. Thompson are the absolute best. They love us so much. I feel the Spirit and get so much out of class every time they teach, because all of it is out of love. They are one of the best parts about the MTC.

The language! I'm learning Spanish pretty darn well. The Lord is blessing me, without a doubt. It takes a lot of faith and constant prayer, but it's working. I know that I am receiving the gift of tongues. I can teach full lessons without too much of a problem. My companions are getting the hang of it, too! Slowly but surely, we are learning to work together and teach by the Spirit. It's pretty awesome. And yesterday I was able to bear my testimony and give the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting pretty easily, so Spanish is going great.

The last two devotionals have been by Rosemary Wixom (the Primary General President) and Wendy W. Nelson (Elder Nelson's wife), and they were awesome. Devo is super great. I'm in the choir!

So the other day, we had a TRC assignment, which is just like a teaching lesson/appointment. It's usually with an "investigator," but this past week, we actually taught members pretending to be... members! Pretty fun. Our lessons were pretty good. 

I also love the opportunity to go to the temple every week. It's the best. This week was kind of hard for me, just because of different things going on and because there's a lot of sickness and injuries in our district that makes me super sad, but the temple today made me feel so much better. I received the calm assurance that no matter what happens, everything is going to be okay. I love the temple. I know it's the Lord's house.

I have a testimony of this Gospel and of this work. I am a soldier in the Lord's battle. It's a battle against a tough and stubborn enemy, Satan, but Christ will always win. I'm on the winning side. This week, my goal is to try to be as obedient and dedicated to this mission as possible. I'm looking forward to the blessings that are in store as I try my hardest to be the best missionary I can be!

I love you all! Study hard, do your best. "We are not earning heaven; we are learning heaven." -Brad Wixom

Love,
Hna. Snyder



 

No comments:

Post a Comment