This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Life is great!

Well. This week has been interesting. It started off pretty rough on Monday, but throughout the week I was blessed with so much peace. 

Doctrine & Covenants 101:13-15
13 And they that have been scattered shall be gathered.
14 And all they who have mourned shall be comforted.
15 And all they who have given their lives for my name shall be crowned.

I honestly believe that everything that I have learned so far in the MTC has helped me to prepare for this very moment in my life.

Nevertheless, life is good, especially as a missionary.

Here at the MTC you can audition to do special musical numbers at different events. I (plus my amazing accompanist Elder Yoo) auditioned and am actually singing for the new missionary devotional on Wednesday! So that's exciting! I'll be singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" for all the new missionaries and the MTC Presidency! Yippee!:)

I was able to talk to President Davis (my Branch President) yesterday about the things that are going on my life right now, and his words were very comforting. I know that our leaders are called of God. He also called me to be the Music Coordinator for the branch, which I should be a pro at by now! I'm currently 100% for that calling (Somerset, Rexburg, and now MTC)!

Oh, cool experience! We got to go to the outside world on Tuesday! All the missionaries in the MTC walked over to BYU for devo at the Marriott Center! It was super awesome! It was such a great talk by Elder David F. Evans, entitled "Tenacity." Look it up! 

As for the language... it's going so great. It's a bit overwhelming but I'm seriously being so blessed. The other night, I studied so hard that I thought my head would explode. I was honestly kind of afraid to go to sleep because I didn't want to have forgotten by the time I woke up. Nevertheless, I fell asleep within like 1 minute of hitting the pillow because my studying has tired me out so much! The next day, we had a lesson to teach with Paz (my teacher, Hna. Ferrell) and her husband (another teacher). We had been teaching Paz for a while but this was the first lesson with her husband, Kevin. So we prepped for our lesson. It was kind of weird to prep for because we didn't know exactly what to plan since we had been teaching Paz for a while but were just starting with Kevin. We decided to focus on teaching not any of the "lessons," but about prayer and the nature of God. I believe hat while we planned, the Spirit was definitely helping us out, which resulted in something amazing. Our lesson was so awesome. Words that I've never even thought of before came out of my mouth. We talked about science and God and prayer and faith. It was amazing. The Spirit was there and I know that everyone could feel it. And I know that I was blessed with the Gift of Tongues since I had been studying so diligently. It was amazing. Even though I'm in the MTC, this is so real. And when we bear testimony and are worthy of the Spirit, it is powerful. We walked out of the lesson and Hna. Ferrell came running to us with a huge smile on her face. She was so proud. She said as soon as we walked out of the room, her "husband" just said, "Wow." IT WAS AWESOMEEEE.

This is true. I know it. I feel it every time I testify. Every time! I decided to take Moroni's challenge again last week, and felt another witness of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. If you don't know what "Moroni's promise" is, talk to my parents, the missionaries, go to mormon.org... something! It's the most important thing that could ever happen to you! I'm so serious!

Life is great, and honestly, I love the MTC! I can't believe there are only 2 weeks left! I love you all so much! Families are forever!  I'll close with an awesome quote from devo by Elder Evans:

"If you care enough to go through the process to know God's will, He will care enough to tell you."

Love love loveeeeeeeeee,
Hermana Snyder

1. This is how I feel every night after a hard day's work!
                                              

  2. Hehe he had no idea! Poor Elder Alder and his chronic nap syndrome...


3. The packages I got from Kelly and Grandma (two of my favorite people in the universe)! I loved them soooo much!


4. I forgot to send you our 2-week-anniversary pic, so here it is!


5. 3-week-anniversary pic (obviously I'm a model).


6. Random pic from last week...


7. The zone! One district just got shipped out, so we had to get a group pic before they left!



8. My Elder buddies


No comments:

Post a Comment