This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Week Four!

Well, another week has come and gone! It's been great. I honestly love the MTC. It's so great here and I am going to treasure my time here forever because of the growth that I've made. I cannot imagine a place that would be any more conducive to learning. It's awesome. With that said, I'm ready to go to Mexico! Not ready to speak and listen to Spanish 24/7... but ready! I'm so excited! 7 days!

So. This week:

I got lots of mail! Thanks to everyone who sent me stuff - Kelly, Cait, Erica, Mom, Megan King. Y'all are the BEST!!! You don't know how it puts a smile on my face. I seriously love you all so much!

SUPER funny story... Ok, my companionship had to pick up some international sisters on Tuesday night and show them around and whatnot. So during the night we had to take them to the international travel office to get some things taken care of. Well, that office is right next to a room where I happened to see earlier that day. I had seen Sister Nally (the MTC president's wife) in there setting up this really fancy dinner table. So, I assumed that it must be the room where they have a nice dinner with the MTC Presidency and the devotional speaker before devotional. Word on the street (which means absolutely nothing at the MTC) was that a general authority was coming. I had specifically heard the names "Bednar" and "Ballard" mentioned by missionaries earlier that day, so I thought I'd try to peek in the room to see if I could catch a glimpse. Well, the door was shut and there were no windows so I decided to put my ear up to the door. Nope, nothing. So, I just went on my merry way continuing to wait for the international sisters. 2 minutes later, this guy in a security uniform comes walking up to me. "Sister, is there a reason that you were snooping around and trying to listen into that room?" ............"Ummmmm, no?" "Okay, well I was just wondering because I just saw you on camera." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sooo funny. Oh my gosh. That woulda been a funny way to go home. But you know what, IT WASN'T EVEN A GENERAL AUTHORITY! Not even worth it. 

I got to sing at the welcome devotional for all the new missionaries, which was a cool experience! It went great! Elder Yoo played for me. I got lots of super nice compliments afterward, so I think it was a success!

Somehow, my comps and I got chosen to be these example missionaries in a workshop for new missionaries called "People and My Purpose." It was a neat experience, especially since we got to speak English! Yay! Something cool: The guy who was in charge of telling us what to do and how to act and whatnot was Elder Christiansen from the tv show, The District! Super funny, because he is seriously like a missionary celebrity. We always watch clips from the District in class, so it was pretty awesome to talk to him.

I got my travel plans! Hna. A and I and 3 Elders headed to Pachuca are leaving for the SLC airport at 3:30am on Sunday! Whooo!!! Pretty exciting! I can't believe I'm going to Mexico! 

Man, it's been a good week! I learned a lot. I had some insights yesterday about repentance that I want to share. So here ya go: Brad Wilcox said, "We are not earning heaven, we are learning heaven." By repenting, we are not checking off a task or erasing past mistakes to work our way up to heaven. Rather, through repentance, we learn how to be more like God. Repentance should change us so that we forsake the bad to become more prepared to stand in Their presence. Each time we repent, we become more like Them. We learn more about who They are as we repent and change through the Atonement. 

I love the gift of repentance. I know that I mess up every day, and so I repent every day. And as I do, the Lord blesses me with so much, but most of all with His love. I feel it so abundantly in my life. I know He heals, helps, saves, and loves. He's the reason I'm here.

I love you all so much! 
Hna. Snyder 

Gym selfie:


This is a candid shot that I thought was so funny because we all look so angry:


My mountain of dulces:


Friends from the same hallway:


Week 4 just got owned!


No comments:

Post a Comment