This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Awesome new area!


¡Hola familia!

Let me start out by saying that Huauchinango has had some stinking hot days this week!!! Huauchi is one of the hottest areas in the mission, and she's really shown her colors this week. Aaaaaaaand it's only April. This summer, I am pretty sure I am going to die. But it's all good! 

The new area is AWESOME. We redivided Huauchi and we inherited some pretty awesome land. We stole a little colony from the Elders and received a few of their investigators and some great members. Yesss! That's how you do missionary work! And we are discovering some new colonies where I am pretty sure the other Sisters NEVER went, so there have to be some of the Lord's chosen there! Whoo! We're doing a lot of walking and I am pretty sure I am sweating off some of those taquitos, so that's good!  

Ahhh, what has even happened this week? We are doing a lot of work with the initiative Because He Lives, and I just love it so much. The other day, we found a new investigator by using the initiative, taught the Restoration, and she accepted a baptismal date by saying, "I would love to!" Yesssssssssss! I have never heard anyone answer so enthusiastically, so it made me so happy. :) Also, Victor is gearing up for his baptism and is so excited! AHHHHHH I AM SO HAPPY FOR HIM. He came to conference on Sunday and everything is just so great. He said that he just wants the day to come already! I love him so much. He is so humble and I just know that the Lord has tons of blessings awaiting him. 

Today for P-day we played basketball with some of the young men and the bishop and his wife. So dang fun! I haven't played in so long... It felt good to really be out of breath! Haha! Aaaaaand, I don't want to brag or anything but I beat my District Leader Elder Zeledón in 1-on-1. He's super athletic (before the mission, he was playing on a young guys professional soccer team in Nicaragua) and can definitely play ball, but I beat him. :) Yessssss. Good ol' Berlin dun me good!

And ohhhhhhhhhhh! I have news! Elder Zeledón is training a new missionary who is straight from the Mexico City MTC. Guess where he is from?! Take a wild guess!!! PITTSBURGH. Yes, he's from the Burgh! How wild!!! He is big on baseball and says that PNC Park is his favorite place on earth. What?! What a miracle! It's so great. He's a really good missionary from what I have seen and knows a ton of Spanish already - more than I knew when I arrived! He also went to BYU-I for a semester so we have a lot in common! Crazy small world!

I loved Conference this past weekend and was able to learn so many things. A few talks that I loved - Elder Bednar on fear, Elder Uchtdorf on grace, and Elder Nelson on the Sabbath Day. So great. I think that we should all come out of Conference with things that we know we need to change, and these talks helped me understand what those things are for me. I definitely thought about our family during Elder Nelson's talk and know that if the Sabbath Day is a reflection of the attitude we have towards God, there are things that we can improve. President Monson is so cute and I loved his talk about temples. 3 new temples to be built! How incredible! I am so grateful for a living prophet!

Something pretty sad happened this week - President had to send home 4 missionaries. It becomes more and more evident to me each day that this mission is a battlefield. What's at stake is salvation. The salvation of many souls - missionaries, members, and non-members alike. In the mission field you are on the front lines and there are 2 options, to win or to lose... win or lose your salvation, that is. The person you become on your mission is most likely the person you will be for your life, and the person you are in your life is a good reflection of the person you will be in the eternities. Basically what I am saying is there's no time like the present. Right now, in the stage of life that you are currently in, is the time to change! It's time to grow into your divine potential! The plan of salvation is designed so we can change our natures and win the prize! Why sink when we were designed to swim?

I love you all so much. You inspire me every day. When I think I can't walk another step in the blazing Mexican sun, I think of my family and the missionary that you think I am and expect me to be. 

Love you with all of my heart!
Hermana Snyder


 PITTSBURGH! Elder Ferguson and me. (Pardon the red-facedness. This was right after I beat Elder Zeledón:)


 La familia Caro :)


 It rained and there wasn't a dry inch on our bodies! 
 
This wasn't today... It was Tuesday, I think? But we were about to divide up Huauchinango. Here we are playing for Santa Cruz, a gold mine of investigators and members! Dang it, though! Rafael and I lost!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment