This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Hot!!


Hello! 

To begin and reguarding the "subject" of this email, I will repeat, IT'S HOT. And it's humid. Way more humid than you can imagine. Thus, I pretty much am sweating at any given moment. So that's super fun! But, it could be worse. We could have snow... HAHAHA oh Berlin, Pennsylvania. Good luck with that! 

Boy, oh boy, where to start with this week?! It's been great! Our companionship is doing very well and we are happy! This week we taught 40 lessons and found 14 new investigators, so we are happy about that! And, something SO GREAT happened yesterday! I'd like to tell you the story of Juan and Valentina.

Juan and Valentina are the parents of 2 teenagers who were baptized less than a year ago. They have been investigating the Church for a long time, especially Valentina, but she can not be baptized because they are not married and Juan has not wanted to get married any time soon. A month ago, when we divided Huauchinango with Elders, we inherited this family as our own. From what we had heard, the situation was pretty much impossible because Juan couldn't progress because he didn't want to get married, and thus Valentina couldn't progress either. Thanks to the help of the Elders, the whole family came to church yesterday! Later, we went to their house to have a lesson and what happened really was amazing. We taught the law of chastity, but in such a beautiful way that everything changed. President Egbert had taught us of doctrines, principles, and applications in the Christmas devotional in December, and ever since then I have tried to apply his teachings, especially with the law of chastity. Long story short, we are planning their wedding! Juan is so excited for all this and I've really seen a change in him. Valentina cried thinking of all the times she has wanted to get married and have an eternal family and he has refused. I feel so blessed that after all this time, all these missionaries, I get to witness this incredible conversion. I AM SO HAPPY AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M COMING BACK TO MEXICO FOR THEIR TEMPLE SEALING :D

In other news, Raul is doing great! He came to church on Sunday and really enjoyed it. The Sunday School lesson was on the organization of the Priesthood and I really think it served him well. It's just so logical! Also, I spoke in church on the Character of Christ (thank you, Elder Bednar, for changing my life with that talk).

Speaking of Elder Bednar... I have some news.

President called me last week. Here's the dialog:

P: Hello, Hermana Snyder, do have a minute?
M: Yes, President, what's up?
P: Hermana, on May 18th, we're going to have a special devotional with the whole mission. I'd like to ask you to play the piano.
M: Sure, no problem, President!
P: Great. The hymns will be 171 and 169, okay?
M: Sounds good! No hay problema.
P: And Hermana... Elder Bednar is coming.
M: ¿¡Qué?! En serio?????      *I guess I talk Spanish when I get really excited*
P: Yes, Hermana. En serio.
M: Wow! We've already met once but I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me!
P: Well, you'll get to meet him again.
M: Wow!!!! Thank you so much, President!
P: No thank you, Hermana. Talk to you soon. Bye.

So, yeah! Elder Bednar is coming to the mission and I get to play the piano! :D Thanks, Mom, for all those years of lessons! I'm pumped. Pretty sure he isn't going to remember me but maybe my fellow Bednars can remind him of who I am so I don't feel like too much of a loser! Haha. Who's excited? I AM!

That's just about all she wrote! I am so happy to be a missionary! I love Huauchinango and the people here. We have lots of work to do, but we are doing our best. I love the Savior and am trying to be like Jesus. :) 

Have the best week ever and talk to you soon! Literally! Yay for Mother's Day phone calls!!

Loooooooooooooooooooooooove,
Hna. Snyder


  I got very sunburned this day because we literally walked up this MOUNTAIN 
and I almost died from heat stroke!


 Haircut!!


 We threw a surprise birthday party for Elder Ferguson and he loved it! 
Hopefully he is feeling a little more at home. :)


 This is Francisco, a member who helps us out with teaching appointments! 
He is so funny... this is his signature move!





No comments:

Post a Comment