This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, July 13, 2015

(Elder S.) Lovin' some American food!

Hey, family! It was a great week and also not a great week. It was great 'cause
I love being a missionary and I know this is the Lord's work. It was
not so great because we had a lottt of lessons cancel on us or they
just didn't show up. It stinks when that happens. They don't know what
they're missing out on.

I can't believe I've been back for a month already! It's gone by so
quick. So, Takasaki is in the Gunma prefecture which is just the name
they use for state here. Gunma is the 2nd hottest prefecture in Japan
and we've really felt it here the past week. It's been around 97ish
degrees the past few days and today it was 102 plus about 70%
humidity. And they say it's only gonna get a lot hotter in August. I
don't stop sweating from the time we leave the apartment after study
until the time we get home at night. I've had tons of people tell me
I'm gonna lose a lot of weight this summer, haha! Should be fun. On the
other hand we ate at another member's house on Sunday and the wife is
from America, so we had American food and also two desserts, root beer
floats and brownie sundaes. It was great but we could barely walk
afterwards cause we ate so much. They say "betsu bara" which pretty
much translates to "different stomach" telling you to just keep eating,
haha!

Transfer calls are on Monday.. I'm kinda nervous because threesomes are
pretty rare so I don't think we'll stay together. Elder Richards is
Elder Ito's trainer and they usually stay together for two transfers so
there's a chance I might be leaving. I sure hope not 'cause I just got
here and I love it. Takasaki is so great! Our new mission Pres. is
President Nagano. He's awesome and way funny. He's Japanese but has
lived in America for several years. I'm definitely looking forward to
working with him the next few years.

Well, Ishida is really having a tough time quitting tea right now so we
are bumping his baptism date back a few weeks. He's been really busy
lately so we haven't been able to meet him as much. That's tough when
you're trying to prepare someone for baptism. His niece is still there
but isn't showing signs of stopping tea anytime soon. Well just keep
praying for her. We have some other investigators too but none who are
progressing too well right now. Keep praying for them!

I love you guys and love the Gospel! I hope you're doing great and
strengthening your testimonies everyday.


スナイダー長老

 Met up with my MTC companion!

 We ate soooo much!!

I love American food!

No comments:

Post a Comment