This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, July 27, 2015

(Elder S.) Snyda's Hambagas

Hey, family! I hope you've had a good week! I had a pretty good week myself.
Wednesday before I left Takasaki, Ishida and Michiko asked if I would
go visit them one last time in the morning before my train left. It
was pretty awesome. A while back we told them that I made the
apartment some really awesome American hamburgers and they thought
they were awesome. So Ishida and Michiko have been planning to open a
restaurant in Takasaki called "Snyda's Hambagas". Haha!! I don't think
it's gonna happen but it's pretty funny. They also wrote me a goodbye
letter that I can't read at all 'cause it's in kanji which is the crazy
characters. Ishida has been super busy lately but he promised me
that he's gonna get baptized next month. I'm really excited and
hopeful he does because I'll get to go back to Takasaki for his baptism.
Awesome!

Yachiyo is really awesome. I'm super glad to be here. There's a lot of
Hispanics here too. We have a Spanish Sacrament meeting Sunday night
which is cool so watch out, Kels! I'll give your Spanish a run for its
money! The main ward is about 50 active members. The Bishop is
definitely the coolest Japanese guy I've ever met. He's 30 years old
and actually lived in America for 10 years, for jr. high, high school
and college. We've decided that once you've lived in America you're
never the same. He just acts American and it's awesome, haha! I
never realized how much pride we Americans have in our country until I've
lived with American missionaries.. It's way funny. We have some great
investigators, too. Two of them have baptism dates for next month. One
is Takano who is 21 and Flávio who is full Brazilian and about 17.
Seth, you should teach me some stuff to say to him in Portuguese.
There are some other people I'm really looking forward to teaching.

Elder Canfield is a health nut so we're doing some hardcore dieting
and exercising. He says he can get me down 15 lbs this transfer so
we'll see how it goes, haha. It's pretty fun being back with Elder
Canfield. I'm super excited for this transfer. I think we're gonna see a
lot of awesome miracles! I love you guys!


Elder Snyder

 REAL Ramen noodles!  Mmmmm....




Pretty Yachiyo



No comments:

Post a Comment