This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, November 2, 2015

(Hermana S.) I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands

Hellllllllo familia!

It's been a great week here in Tecnológico! It's definitely an interesting experience training in trio but it's FUN! Haha. Hermana Díaz is really cute, a little timid sometimes, but we're helping her learn that the Mexico Pachuca missionaries don't fear ANY MAN! She's from the north of Mexico, Sonora. Tierra caliente! Man, oh man, am I glad to be here in Pachuca and not there! Haha. And Hermana Cerna always makes me laugh. I can't believe this is her last cycle.

What has even happened this week? I feel like the time just flies by... NO, I REFUSE TO THINK ABOUT THAT. First of all, R is going to be baptized on Sunday!!! WHOO! We're finally gonna get the ball rolling in Tecno again! Many, many months have passed by without a baptism. We are so excited! He is super ready and everyone in the ward is pumped for his baptism. Also, S and S, the little old grandparents we are teaching, went to church yesterday. :) We are super happy for them. S is so cute and humble and is getting excited for her baptism on the 28th (this is her 2nd Sunday at church). But S, welllll, he wasn't a fan of church yesterday. Haha. Who knows why, but he had mixed opinions. But whatevs, I know he'll come around soon!

Other than that, well, it's been a little tough this week. Basically we came to the conclusion that we are going to have to drop just about all of the other investigators. It's going to be hard because they are all so great - L, I (who already finished the Book of Mormon), I. Jr (whose sisters are members), etc. because they just aren't progressing. I never knew it would be so hard to drop these people but it just breaks my heart because I know they need this in their lives way more than they do. They just don't keep their committments. They understand the doctrine, they know what's expected of them, so when they show up to church some day in the future, we'll know that they really take this seriously.

So, this week is going to be a week of BUSQUEDA! Searching! I will go, I will do, the things the Lord commands. I'm pretty much willing to do whatever He asks of me to be able to find His elect children. I know they're here. I know they're waiting. Maybe they don't even know it yet. But we're going to find them... This week!

I love you all so much! Have the best week ever!
Hna. Snyder


Introducing... the new trio!!!

 Me playing up a small storm. #calledtoserve



 Trio selfie

 Burger King P-day with the beautiful scarf Kelly sent me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment