This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, November 30, 2015

(Hermana S.) Thanksgiving in Mexico and Christmas Initiative!

Hello, beautiful people!
Another week has come and gone, how can that be? Sometimes the mission seems like a dream. This week I am SO PUMPED for the new initiative, A Savior Is Born! Ha nacido un Salvador! Seriously, we are getting into it! We had our weekly planning session this week and were thinking about how to really utilize this initiative and we had a pretty sweet idea. We've already visited with 3 families from the ward to share with them the initiative. Then, we gave them a bunch of little cards so that they can invite their friends and neighbors to a family home evening with the theme "A Savior Is Born!" We will watch the video and then share a small message with everyone. We have 3 family home evenings coming up already this week! It should be a great way to get the members involved and use the initiative! I know that it will bring marvelous results! I want to invite you to do it too! Get together with the missionaries and plan a day to have a family home evening. Ask them for cards to give out to your friends and neighbors. Invite lots! What I have come to understand as a missionary is that if we want a few to come, we must invite many! So get to inviting! And then have your FHE in the house with your friends. Watch the video and let the missionaries share a short message. I know that you will see great blessings!
And check out this amazing page the Church has made! The videos, the... everything! SO GREAT! https://www.mormon.org/christmas
Share it with EVERYONE!

This week I had a sacred experience during the Sacrament. We only had 1 investigator in church and I was so frustrated about the families that flaked out and didn't show up. I wrote down my thoughts in my agenda...

"Today I can feel just the slightest bit of the pain I imagine the Savior feeling. I can just hear Him... 'Why don't you accept my sacrifice? It's free! It won't cost you a thing. I've already paid the price. Take it. I want you to take it.' Today I felt a bit of His pain. In my heart, I am saying, 'Why don't you just accept my sacrifice? I am here for you! I don't care about anything else! Just accept what I have to give you. I will give you my all.' And when they reject, I feel sad. But not sad for me, I feel so sad for them! I don't care about me, reject me all you want. All I really care about is them. Every bit of this small sacrifice is for them."

Oh how grateful I am for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know His grace is free. It doesn't cost a thing. He wants us to embrace this sacrifice that He has freely given. I know I will forever be indebted to Him. It's for that reason that I serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. Because I will never be able to repay Him, but I can show Him my love. That's why I obey - because I love Him and will follow Him forever.
I love you all so very much! I am so grateful for you! Have the best week ever!
A Savior is Born!
Hna. Snyder




I was remembering back to a year ago when I arrived here in Mexico and I was just so sad that they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. A guess a perk to being in the big city is that the people are a little more aware of ward culture! So, a family in the ward invited us to eat with them! It was so cute. We ate turkey! It wasn't quite as delicious as the Snyder Family Thanksgiving, but I'll take it! I made everyone say something they're thankful for. :) I am thankful to be in the mission. What a blessing it is turning out to be. I never could have imagined the impact it would make in my life and in my eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment