This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, December 14, 2015

(Hermana S.) Big things going on!

Okkkkk familia. Well, I had a little bit of a shock when they told me I was being transferred. What added to my surprise was the interesting transfer I would have... I am now with Hna. Guzmán in Villas de Pahuca, and we are the senior sister training leaders of the mission. What?! Yeah, I was surprised too. In the mission we don't have Sister Assistants anymore because the number of sisters is decreasing, so we are what they used to be. The other Sister Training Leaders report to us about the sisters and all that jazz... Weirdness. Also, another fun fact. Guess who's finishing Hna. Díaz's training? Hna. Cevallos! Yes! My daughter training my other daughter! Amazing. And my granddaughter who just finished up her training with Hna. Cevallos is training, which makes me great-grandma. Wow, I am getting old! Haha. So many crazy things happening.
I am learning the area quickly and we are searching, searching, searching. This week we found 17 new investigators! When I got here they didn't have too many progressing investigators, so I know it's going to be a cycle of searching. I'm pumped! We are going to catch Villas on fire!
My second day here, our appointments fell through and we decided to say a prayer to be able to find someone to teach. So we prayed and then started walking. After a minute or two I turned to look at a house we had passed and asked if we could go knock. My comp said sure, so we went and knocked. An old guy opened the door and told us we could say a prayer with him. We did a Harvesting Blessing and he accepted the baptismal date. Since then we have gone back 2 times and wow, he is so great! His name is Cecilio and he's 80 years old. He told us the other day, "Hermanitas, I need you to prepare me for my baptism, ok?" Ahhhhh, it was so cute. We are finding a lot of goodies; I'll keep you updated. :)

This cycle is going to fly, I just know it. This week we have the Christmas Devotional and then the next week we have interviews and we'll be doing a bunch of splits and visiting in on the sisters' studies... I know that it's going to go by way too fast.
I don't know what else to say! I'm definitely adjusting to the new area and the new assignment and I'm just grateful for the grace of the Savior and for this amazing season of Christmas. There's something so special about this time of the year. It's because a Savior is born! I am so grateful for Him and His mercy and love. I am such a flawed person, for that reason I am so grateful for the King of Kings, the Savior and Redeemer of mankind!
Love you all! Do something kind today for someone who least expects it. :)
Hna. Snyder






No comments:

Post a Comment