This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, December 7, 2015

(Hermana S.) I'm getting transferred!

Hello family!
Well, I have news. I'm getting transferred tomorrow.
WHAT?!?!?!?!
Yeah, I am surprised too. When Presidente called me a cycle ago, he told me I would finish training Hna. Díaz after Hna. Cerna went home (she goes tomorrow). Surprise! It's not so! I will be transferred tomorrow. I flipped out a little bit, but turns out it's not a joke. I can't even believe it.
Yesterday was one of the most incredible and life-changing days of my mission and of my life. I can't believe I haven't told you about one of our investigators, Juan. Juan had a pretty serious bike accident about 13 years ago, which left him without his 2 legs.  For all these years, he's been legless, and for the past 2 years, he's been wifeless because she left him and took their daughter. She left Juan with their young son, Ever, who is 14 years old. They live alone and Ever, well, he does everything that his dad can't do. He shops, cooks, cleans, everything. He had to stop going to school because they don't have money. They basically live off the charity of whoever will help them.
So we found them and started teaching them. Even with their situation, they're super great. Always smiling and with a postive attitude. We visited them this week with Hno. Monzalvo (an awesome member that always helps us out) and they agreed to go to church. So we went to pick them up for church with Hno. Monzalvo in the morning yesterday and Ever told us that his dad wasn't feeling well. We went to see Juan and he was laying in the bed twitching. He said he was having very strong cramps, and it was obvious that he was in great pain. Hno. Monzalvo asked if he had called the doctor, and he said that no, they didn't have even a peso to make a phone call. So Hno. Monzalvo sprung into action. First, he gave him a blessing. Then, he called the doctor. The doctor didn't answer, so we went rushing to the Red Cross for emergency care. Today in the morning he took him to do more tests and buy them food and... I don't think I am describing very well everything that happened but it was just amazing. The reaction of Hno. Monzalvo and his willingness to serve, no matter the cost, struck me to the core.
I'll tell you more about it next week. For now, I don't have time. But I love you all so much! Talk to you in a week in somewhere other than Tecnologico!
Love yinz!
Hna. Snyder

Me and Hermana Martha

A little elderly sister made us slippers. Love them!


STEELERS COUNTRY!



No comments:

Post a Comment