This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, December 7, 2015

(Elder S.) Things are great!

Things are going great here in Japan! I love the way things are going
right now here in Yachiyo. My companion Elder Hugo is doing well.
He's getting adjusted quickly! So our main man Kaito is looking great
for baptism this Saturday, the only thing that we're worried about is
him getting permission from his parents since he's only 19. Pray for
Kaito and his parents! Our investigator Takano that I used to
talk about a while ago is also doing really well right now and making
good steps in the right direction again. We set a date with him for
12/25, Christmas!

We had a few experiences last week that once again confirmed to me
that the power of the Holy Ghost is real. One of them happened
yesterday when we went to visit a less active member and shared with
him last year's Christmas video 'Because of Him'. While watching the
video, I felt the Spirit so strongly and I thought in my head that he
had to be feeling it too. When we were done watching the video, I
asked him how he felt, and all he said was "I liked the music..". So
why does that let me know that the Spirit is real? Because we learn in
the scriptures that the Spirit does not dwell in unholy temples. Both
my companion and I felt the Spirit so strongly but he didn't because
of that reason. Always be striving to have the Holy Ghost as your
constant companion!

I know that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for
the experience that I have here serving the Lord. Love you all, talk
to you next week!

Love, Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment