This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, March 28, 2016

(Elder S.) Happy Easter from Japan!

Hey everybody! Another fast week has come and gone. And another month? Can't believe it's almost April already. Time flies way too fast! 

Today was also transfer calls. I'm staying in Koga with Elder Ogata, which will be our third transfer together. That will be the most I've been together with anyone, so I'm excited for another good transfer! I've learned so much from him so I'm looking forward to another 6 weeks. This past week was tough but also really good at the same time. Our investigator Ibata didn't quite pass his interview because he doesn't yet have enough knowledge or testimony of the gospel. But, it's okay because we're still working hard to prepare him! 

Last week we had a ward barbecue which was super fun. Almost all the members came and we had a few investigators come so it was great. The Koga members are pretty great so we're trying really hard to work with them. Also still hitting the streets a lot.

I hope you all had a great Easter! They don't celebrate much here in Japan. Of course the members celebrate it but it sure is interesting being in a country that for the most part has no idea about Easter. But I love the spirit that always comes with it. Taking the sacrament was a really special experience for me this Sunday. I know our Savior lives and loves us. Turn to Him!

 Love you all and talk to you next week. Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment