This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, December 12, 2016

Awesome baptism!



Hey everyone! It's been a good few weeks. Things are great here and
it's the Christmas season which makes it even better. As I think you
know, Japan is not a Christian country, but during this Christmas
season it gets them thinking about Christ and why so many of us
celebrate His birth. So it's awesome getting to have conversations
with people on the streets about Christ and why He is so important for
all of us. So in the past few weeks I've been able to work in some
different areas. It's great to get to see different areas and work
with different missionaries, but it's especially great to see the hand
of the Lord working in all of the areas. My testimony has been
strengthened as I've seen how God blesses His missionaries as they
work with diligence and faith.

Another awesome thing happened yesterday! Our investigator Brother
Tsunashima, from Tokyo 2nd ward which I just transferred out, of was
baptized. He asked me to do the confirmation so I was able to go back
and see the baptism, then confirm him in sacrament meeting. It was a
great experience and now he joins his wife and 3 daughters as a member
of the church! They were so happy.

So it's the week of Christmas! That means I'll be skyping home. It
looks like I'll be skyping on Monday morning around 10:00, which will
be Sunday night sometime for you. I hope you are all enjoying the
Christmas season and being proactive in spreading your light.

I'm grateful to be a missionary now, especially during this time of
year. Christ is our Savior and we get to celebrate and help others
celebrate His birth! Love you all, have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment