This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, December 5, 2016

New calling... traveling assistant!



Hey everyone!

Sorry, things have been pretty busy the past few weeks so I haven't
gotten much emailing done, but today should be fine! Last week was
temple p-day. It was great. Elder Nitta and I were able to finish off
our two transfers together strong. This past week we were able to find
some strong new investigators with a lot of potential. Mori, Takumi
and a man named Henry are all looking solid and look like they'll
start progressing soon. We have just about finished up teaching
Tsunashima Kyoudai all of the lessons and he's looking good for his
baptism! So today was transfer calls today and I found out I'll be
leaving Senzokuike/Tokyo 2nd wards. I've been here for 4 transfers,
about 6 months, and it has been awesome. I've really grown to love the
members in both the Japanese and English ward. Definitely one of my
favorite places to be. So Elder Nitta will be staying here and I'm
becoming a traveling assistant. So I still don't know exactly what
that entails but I don't actually have an area! My companion and I
will travel around the mission and do splits with missionaries in
different areas, hoping to help strengthen each area while we're
there. Should be a great experience and I'm sure I'll learn a ton. I
sure will miss all of the people here, members, investigators,
friends. Definitely one of my favorite things about the mission is
building these relationships with people that will will last for a
long time. For all you RMs out there, get in touch with people from
your mission, I'm sure they'd love to here from you!

Speaking of, one of the greatest relationships that I've been able to
make is with an investigator named Hirotsugu Iwagi. He's the
investigator that had the accident and is still recovering, but we
became way tight right from when we started meeting with him. He's not
baptized YET, but I'm sure he will be eventually. I've seen how, even
though he's not baptized yet, just applying principles and following
commandments can change a life so much. Another one is Tsunashima
Kyoudai. His wife is a member and he has 3 active daughters. Since
we've started teaching him, living the gospel of Jesus Christ has
changed him. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives. I know
this church contains the fulness of His gospel. Remember all, this
Christmas season to live as Jesus Christ and light the world! This is
a great time to help others feel the light of Christ and make steps
towards living His gospel. I invite you to invite! Love you all, have
a great week!

Love, Elder Snyder
                       Here's some grub I probably never would've even thought about
eating a few years ago... Raw strips of beef mixed with a raw egg and
some sauce. Was actually really tasty. The things Japan will do to
you.. Just got done eating sushi with a member too!

 Me with my man Hirotsugu. Love that guy

Elder Nitta and me eating some ramen with a new investigator Muramatsu.

On the street is a "lion dog".

Christmas lights in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment