This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

P-Day!

So, usually P-Day is on Mondays.  P-Day stands for Preparation Day, and it's the one day out of the week that the missionaries can relax a little, dress down, do laundry, get on the computer and email, and basically just catch up on little things.  So, we were looking forward to hearing from Jake on Monday the 4th, but instead we got a letter that said his P-Day would be on Thursday so we would hear from him then.  This is the first email we received from Jake in the MTC:

 Hey Fam!! What's up!? It's nice to hear from you guys!! The MTC is good! I'd say awesome but sometimes it's really not... ha! But it's so hard. Japanese is such a difficult language. But I'm getting ahold of it! You guys can read Kelsey's email cause I put a lot of stuff in there and don't really have time to type it all again. But I'll write you more letters with more stuff that's going on! It's actually super nice to just relax at night and write in my journal and write letters! And send me letters!! It would be super nice to here from you guys throughout the week! My companion gets like 3 or 4 letters a day.. haha. And its pretty funny, everyone gets so excited when someone gets a package!  We love snacks.. (so you can give everyone my address and tell them to send me packages) haha. But the MTC experience so far has been pretty crazy. We were soooooooo excited for our first P-day! but I don't have much time so I'll tell ya more in letters! Bye everyone! I love and miss you!
Love, Elder Snyder

Kels,
I can't wait to hear about everything thats going on there! The MTC is crazy. I'm not sure what it's like to learn Spanish....but learning Japanese in the MTC is by far the hardest thing I've done in my life so far. STUDY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU GO. You're going to walk into your classroom for the first time and your teacher will not talk ANY english to you at all. I was so overwhelmed the first few days and sometimes I just wanted to cry. I'm understanding a lot more though now and it's getting easier. Oh and on Friday, you have to teach a whole lesson in your language.....which is so frustrating and depressing. But the lessons get better too. But the MTC is awesome, you're gonna love it. That's about all I have time to say so i'll talk to ya later! PLEASE SEND ME LETTERS AND PACKAGES. I get lonely and I'm the only one in my district that hasn't gotten anything... lol. But I love and miss ya! 
Love, Elder Snyder

Obviously, we quickly got on the ball and wrote Jake some letters and sent some packages.  Poor kid!  But, he lived through it, snacks or no.  He seems to have an upbeat attitude, though.  Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment