This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Two weeks in..

This is the second week of emails we received from Jake:

Okay so that's pretty crazy the weather stinks there! It's 90's here almost every day! The days in the MTC feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days... this past week went really fast! I can't believe. I'm 1/4 of the way done with my MTC stay. When I think of being home it seems like it's been forever but when I think about when I arrived here it seems like I just got here! It's pretty awesome. Yes we get to do a Temple walk every Sunday where we just walk over to the Temple and talk and take pics. On P-days we get to go and do a session and that is so awesome! It's such a nice break from everything else.
Thank you so so so much for the package! It was awesome! My district is pretty cool! We have 6 sisters and 5 elders. My best friend's name is Elder Richards. He's super cool and we get along really well. He's into sports and a lot of the same stuff I am!Sso that's really nic.  I hang out with him a lot! I am picking up on the language pretty quick compared to everyone else.. There is another elder in my district that already knew a lot of japanese and there's a sister or two that is picking up on it quick too. Other than that everyone else is struggling..(Including my companion) It's super cool cause I'm finally starting to make sentences! In our zone there were just 5 Nihongene (Japanese) elders that came in for 2 weeks. There is one named elder Suzuki and he is super cool. He loves basketball and I get him to play with us and he is so good! He speaks very little eigo (english) but that's good cause I teach him english and he teaches me Nihingo!! So that's super cool! And yes I get to play bball EVERY DAY!!!!! YAYYY! it's a big time stress reliever for me. We go to the gym and my comp does his own thing while I play bball! So that's sweet! 
But that's about it.. I love and miss you guys!!! Ai shitte imasu!! (I love you!!!) I'll send some pics later today!!
Love Elder Snyder



My Zone:

Me and my companion, Elder Canfield:

Elder Richards and me:

Elder Hansen, Elder Suzuki and me:

No comments:

Post a Comment