This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Two years worth of ranch packets??

Today's letter cracked me up:

Happy P-day everyone!
Hey everyone! It was good to here from you! 
Vannie thanks for the letter! It made me laugh!! I'm glad you did so well at the fair! I wish I could've been there to see you do so awesome!! I miss ya!
And hey Gid.... looks like you got yourself a whole new wardrobe huh!?!? That sounds like quite the chicken coop you're making.. You'll have to send me some pictures of it!! And you're the big bad brute on the line this year huh?? Center and D-end!? Just like your big bro! Work hard!!!
I can't believe A is walking!! We tried so hard to get her to walk when I was there!!! Dangit! haha. Sounds like everything else is going well too!! I miss ya'll! So mom I don't want another package till right before I leave but I'm going to tell ya some stuff I'm gonna need as I think of them if that's okay! So all of my sensei's say to bring a 2 year supply of the following: deodorant, toothpaste and ranch dressing packets!!! So the deo and tp are really bad in Japan.. So probably 15 or so sticks of Degree for men Extreme blast would be awesome and probably 10 or so tubes of whatever good toothpaste would be great too!  And ranch packets because they don't have any ranch and it's great when you make some bland food in you're apartment and need to give it some flavor! That would be great!!!
Everything is going well here at the MTC.. Same stuff as usual!! I emailed Kels some stuff too if you wanna read that too... But That's about it!! I'll be on again at 10 if you wanna chat!! I love you all!! I miss you a ton!!
Love, Elder Snyder

And a little later in the day we were able to chat back and forth a little:

Oh not too much.. we did laundry and emailed a little bit this morning.. my companion just got a haircut and now we're back on to finish emails! Next we have gym and lunch. At 2:30 we go to the Temple and to a session! Then when we come back and go to dinner. For the last 3 hours we have personal study, companionship study, and then language study!

And I say: That sounds like a nice full day. I'm headed over to pick tomatoes and to figure out what to cook for dinner. 

And he says:  Man oh man do I miss mommas cookin. The MTC food it okay but it gets old quick!!! Sounds like fun though.. I wouldn't mind pickin tomatoes right now!!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet what they miss when they are away! So fun reading his email!

    ReplyDelete