This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Goin' great!

Hello everyone from the MTC!
How's it going? The MTC is going pretty well! It's the same as usual! Study study study! I'm pretty happy with how my Japanese is coming! We have different "investigators" that we teach every day. I'm to the point where I can teach without any notes, so that's pretty awesome! I have to take a dictionary in and look up a word every once in a while but then I write it down and make sure I learn it! Last night we had a Skype lesson with an actual Japanese member in Japan!! That was so awesome! Japanese people are so kind!! I was surprised by how much I could actually understand! So that was great! The best way to learn a language is to speak it!!  I also get a lot of time to study the BoM and learn the gospel! That's pretty awesome too!  We only have 2.5 more weeks! That's crazy! Only 2 more emails and then I'm in Japan! Wahoooo!! 

Being zone leader is pretty cool.. I get to be with the Branch Presidency a lot! I'm convinced we have the coolest Branch Presidency in the MTC.. Our BP is President Johnson, 1st Counselor Brother Daniels and 2nd Brother Marks. They're super cool! Johnson and Daniels both served their missions in Japan. Brother Daniels has lived in Japan for 20 years! He was one of the first American owners of some big company over there! And he was neighbors with and best friends with my mission president when they lived there!! He tells us tons of cool and funny stories about him!! My district is still doing well. There are one or two of them that I am sooo ready to get away from but I've made some really good friends too! So that's about all I got for the MTC! 

Mom all that stuff would be great. There are some things I'm not too sure about... So I don't have a big enough carry on bag for all that stuff the email said!? I'm not sure what to do... I may have to buy one here at the MTC. I have to be able to fit a lot of stuff in there and all I have is that small little shoulder bag that I can only fit a few things in.. What do ya think? Also, 100 bucks cash I do not have. what should I do about that? I can use my debit card at the airport but I gotta buy that other stuff... I don't think I need anything else.. Oh but those shoes I got with you, the ones with the laces are already worn out! They have holes in the bottoms.. I've just been wearing those at the MTC cause I didn't wanna wear out the slip on ones I got so hopefully those ones will last me a while!


So that's about it! Please keep me updated on everything! Football games, sports, everything! Thanks for everything! I love and miss you all!!
Love, Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment