This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Only 10 more days!


Well, this was a pretty good week! It went super fast! Only 10 more days till I'm headed to Japan! We're all so anxious and excited. The MTC is nice but we are definitely ready to go! Nothing really different happened this past week. We sent one group of Japanese Elders to Japan last week! We got super close to them and one of them became one of my best friends here. His name is Elder Takayama, he didn't speak much english but what he did say was hilarious. He's a great golfer and after his mission he wants to go to BYU and become a pro golfer! He told me lots of great stories and really helped me with my Japanese! Before he left, he gave me his favorite tie and a cool Japanese head scratcher! So that was awesome! We just got a new Japanese group yesterday that we'll be leaving with, so that's exciting! 

Something super awesome happened this week! We have devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday. This Tuesday Richard G. Scott came and spoke to us! It was super awesome. He talked to us about prayer and how we can notice our prayers being answered. It was great. It was broadcast to all the MTCs across the world! So that was super awesome! Our 1st counselor is awesome. He's Brother Daniels, the one that has lived in Japan and been a Mission President. He's also a professor at BYU. He's so awesome. He pretty much has every scripture memorized and he did a Book of Mormon deep dive with us the other day. It was super awesome. He taught us so many things about the scriptures and our purpose. 

So that's it! Nothing else too exciting! I hope everything is going well at home! I love and miss you all! Mom, thanks for sending me that package! 

Love, Elder Snyder


So, we have really uncomfortable, desks in a room so we took some nice ones (with permission) from another building, but then they made us take them back... this pic is of us acting like thugs before we took them in:

My shoe already completely worn out:

Me with my Japanese friends:

My favorite Japanese guy ever, Elder Takayama:

Me in our residence with my chicken hat:

Messing around on a random wheelchair:

No comments:

Post a Comment