This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Trabaja!

Hola! Another week in Mexico has come and gone! How crazy. What even happened this week? Haha, it's hard to remember. 

I guess I will start with Monday, after I emailed.  Hermana Z. left our phone at the house of our lunch appointment, which actually isn't even in our area. So, we had make the trek by bus and foot back to their house. Well, we ended up missing the first bus that passed for whatever reason and took a taxi instead. And my "for whatever reason" it was obviously the will of God, because we ended up teaching a lesson in that taxi. For the rarest of reasons, Ignasio (the driver) was accompanied by his girlfriend and son in the passanger seat this night. We taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which lasted 15 minutes longer than our actual ride. And they are extremely interested. In fact, they told us that they are looking for a church to get married in. So, it was a miracle. Sometimes, Hna. Z forgetting things results in miracles. The Lord works in mysterious ways. :)

We had 6 people at church on Sunday! Whoo!!! The bad news is, we had 12 "seguros," or people who said they were definitely coming. Basically what we're discovering is that if we want 12 people at church, we have to have 24 seguros, and so on and so forth. We are working really hard because we want to baptize every week in January. We will not have any in December, so we are working our tails off and being exactly obedient so that the Lord might lead us to the elect. I have no doubt that every single person in Hauchinango needs the Gospel in their life - the Gospel is for everyone - but it is about finding those who have been prepared to be taught by me and Hna. Z in this precise moment in their lives. It's hard, but it's great.

I love teaching families. It is absoutely the best! We are teaching several right now, but the family who is preparing for baptism on Jan. 10th is the family of Maria D. We are teaching Maria, her 3 daughters, her sister (who also has 2 kids)... AND, after we got done teaching a lesson the other day, her niece walked in with her 2 kids and so we taught a-whole-nother lesson! They ALL came to church on Sunday, and it was truly the best. I can see how the gospel is changing them. I love seeing in others the happiness that I see in my family that only comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

As for me, I'm doing well. I am SOOOO excited to talk to you on Christmas! Sure, I'm a little homesick, but who cares. I am coming to realize that to be more like the One who has descended below all things, we too must descend below some things. The great news is that He is there to help us through it all. His enabling power gives us strength to do and be more than we could on our own. I am so grateful for my own testimony. If I believed in the restored gospel any less, this would be a lot harder. Oh, how the Lord has blessed me!

I love you all so much! Have a blessed week! Share "the Gift!"
Con todo el amor en mi corazon,
Hna. Snyder

Making my first tortillas!
As a side note, we eat tortillas with every meal. I don't even want to know how many tortillas I eat in a week...


 Love these humble members! Look at the smile on little Alejandro!!!

  
We had P-Day today with all the missionaries in the district and had to make a food from our home. Guess what I made... yep that's right - HALUSKI! It was a smash. Hooray for PA Dutch!


No comments:

Post a Comment