This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Faith like the sons of Mosiah

Familia, familia!

Another week has come and gone, and it's been a bit of a toughie! For the first time in the mission field since my first week here, we didn't have anyone at church. It was painful. We had 4 very secure baptismal dates that all fell through yesterday. V., J., N., and G. are all going to have to wait another week. Plus none of our 8 new investigators came to church either. It was sad. It makes me reevaluate the way I've been working and teaching, and I am finding lots of things that I can definitely improve. This week we're hitting the pavement! I think my comp. and I have different views on success, but this week all I am going to say is that we are going to work 'til we can't work no more!

What to write, what to write... 

Abi bore her testimony in church yesterday, so that was amazing. She is inspiring.

Oh! J.! I am going to tell you about him. He is literally a dream investigator. When Hna. Z and I had intercambios with the Sister Training Leaders, Hna. Z went to Tulancingo. On the bus, she met J., who lives in our area (that never happens to us)!!! She must not have had much time or something, because she just gave him our number and told him to call us. Well, incredibly (this also never happens...) he called us! Hna. Z invited him the church and (also never happens...) HE CAME! Without a lesson, without really any help at all, he came to church. So, Hna. S. and I inherited this investigator de oro. He is pretty amazing. He reads and understands everything, and believes that the desire that was born in his heart every since he met Hna. Z is the Holy Ghost telling him this is where he needs to be. WOW!!! He reminds me a lot of Abi - very intelligent, thirst for knowledge, reads and applies the scriptures, a real convert. Which brings me to my next point... I AM GONNA TRY TO HOOK 'EM UP! Hahaha... they're both 20 years old and so great. It's gonna happen (after they both serve missions of course). And then I am going to come back to Mexico when they get married in the temple. I can hear the bells.

No, but all jokes aside, being a part of this work is so amazing. Sometimes it's just the hardest thing ever. I am working on developing a faith more like the Sons of Mosiah, who begged their dad to go and preach to the Lamanites. Sure, they knew that the people were wicked and bloodthirsty and no missionaries before them had really had success, but they had real faith that the Spirit and the true gospel of Jesus Christ would be enough to convert them. That's the kind of faith that I want to have... And maybe then I can help to convert a couple thousand people too!

It's the faith we all need to have in order to obligate the Lord to perform miracles in our lives, and believe me, He will. I don't have a doubt about that. I love the Savior so much and can't tell you what it means to me to be His representative. Here's to another wonderful week of that!

Con todo todo todo mi amor,
Hna. Snyder

The new district!

Huauchi plus your favorite missionary!

Every time we go to the centro, I see this painting for a restaurant and laugh so hard. It is so something that Dad would draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment