This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Share the gospel!


Hi! In case you're wondering, yes it's still raining. But, whatever, life goes on! It's been a pretty good week. I have been thinking about what to write and it's just not coming to me! What even happened this week?

First of all, yesterday and Saturday was Stake Conference. That means that we had to take the hour-long trip to Tulancingo 4 times, yippee! Luckily, I didn't die. Although we did take a teeny-tiny little car and rode with the Elders, so it was pretty packed. And as you already know, Mexican drivers are crazy, so it was an adventure! First, we went for the Saturday afternoon session and the Huauchi Ward was invited to bring our choir. I played the piano and it was so great! They sounded amazing. :) After the conference, the Stake President asked me if I could play the piano for the stake choir as well as the meeting choir on Sunday. So yesterday we arrived early to practice with them and then I played for the conference. It was great! There aren't too many Mexicans that play the piano, so my skills are on high-demand! Haha. If only I was so popular in the States! 

The Conference was great... Hermana Egbert gave a talk in Spanish!!! It was so cute. She doesn't really speak Spanish, so she just read it, but it was so sweet and sincere. I love her! And President gave a great talk about our willingness to be true disciples of Christ. He is the best. I am sure he is going to be a Seventy or an apostle one day! And, Josafat, Pao and her little girls, and the whole family of Maria took the trip to Tulancingo to go to the conference! Whoo!!! I love these people.

Let's talk about Josafat. His baptism is on Saturday!!! We are so excited. He is seriously the dream investigator. He literally requires no work. We only meet with him once or twice a week, but he always comes to church, reads the Book of Mormon every day, and keeps all of the commandments. Can you say GOLDEN?! I just know that he is going to be a great leader in the church... bishop, stake president, etc. I feel so privileged to be part of his story.

So we're pumped for that. But today marks the last week of the cycle. How the heck did that happen?! It's forced me to reflect on these 5 weeks that have already passed and evaluate what we have done as a companionship. I can't say I am completely satisfied. We haven't had any baptisms (although we will have one on Saturday) and we have not had one new baptismal date in the whole cycle. I mean, we have placed a bunch but no one has come to church, so none of them count. They're not real. The only people that have come to church in this cycle are Josafat, Victor, and Maria de la Luz - all left over from last cycle with Hna. Zenteno. That makes me really sad. It makes me feel like we haven't really done anything to help the ward progress in these 5 weeks. All I can hope is that we have strengthened the members, our recent converts, and progressing investigators. Also, that of the people to whom we gave Harvesting Blessings in the past week or two, some of them are the Lord's chosen and prepared. I am really hopeful and faithful that that is the case. I felt strongly about many of them and continue to feel the same way. The task at hand is to teach them, get them to read the BoM and come to church, and get them in the baptismal font (and of course endure to the end and go to the temple)! Soooo, yes. Sometimes it's so hard but we can't lose the faith and buen animo!

There are always things that we can improve. More obedience, more diligence, more consecration. So that's the goal to finish up this cycle (and the struggle of the whole mission) - do more. I am working on trying to become the 4th missionary (hopefully you've read the talk and know what I am talking about), to give everything and even a little more.

Love you all so much! Share the Gospel!
Hna. Snyder

Look what Elder Zeledon (DL from Niceragua) and Elder Castillo made us!


More puppies, because you can never have too many.

Dogs of Mexico

Weeeeeeeeee!


P-day meal!
Nothin' like some good ol' fried chicken to remind ya of home!


No comments:

Post a Comment