This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Rain, rain go away...

So we meet again! I don't know if you've checked the weather for Huauchi lately, but let me just inform you that it has rained every single day this week. So fun. NOT. It's cold rain... rain means no sun, and no sun means that we are gonna have to bundle up and buckle down, because it's darn chilly! My pink rainboots were a very wise purchase. Hermana Snyder says good job, Kelsey!

Also, before I forget, I would like to say that I think that the Steelers are probably the most popular sports team in all of the world. At least here in Huauchinango, they're all the rage! Everyone has Steelers gear - young, old, rich, poor! I gotta say, I feel a little choked up with pride every time I see it. 

It's been a good week! We accomplished just about all of our goals, which is saying something because Huauchi has been tough on us lately! One thing that is really helping is the goals that our zone and district leaders have put in place specifically for us. Sometimes it seems a bit overwhelming, but I am learning that if we really try to be obedient to our leaders, even if we don't see the purpose, we will be blessed.

The zone leaders put a goal in place to do 1 Harvesting Blessing and place a new baptismal date every day. So we did it! And in every single Harvesting Blessing this week, we placed a baptismal date. Every single person that we invited to baptism said yes. YES! Imagine, we knock on their door and 15 minutes later they have a goal for a day to be baptized. IT'S INCREDIBLE! Am I the only person who thinks this is just amazing?! Now I am not saying that it's easy... You think it's a piece of cake to prance into someone's house and invite them to be baptized in your church that you say is the only true one in the whole world? No. It's not. But that just means that it's an incredible act of faith. And you know what happens when we swallow our fears, buckle down, and act in faith? Heavenly Father performs miracles. I am so grateful for the incredible tool that is the Harvesting Blessing. President really is inspired to give us such an amazing gift. 

In other news, I gave a talk on Sunday about consecration. I recently read the talk "Absorbed in the Will of the Father," by Elder Neil A. Maxwell and it inspired me. I invite you all to read it! It is so evident to me now more than ever that just being a good member of the church will not qualify us for the Celestial Kingdom. No, the Celestial Kingdom is for people who have really used this life to perfect themselves and consecrate all they have to the Lord. WE ALL NEED TO DO MORE! Well, I need to do more. And I imagine that "more" is what the Lord expects of all of us.

As for all of our investigators, things are going ok. Josafat is incredible. Rock solid. Victor is struggling with the law of chastity, poor guy - but we're gonna work it out! And we've had to drop a lot of once-very-potential investigators for different reasons. But we're working hard and I am sure we are going to see some miracles very soon.

I love Mexico. I love the mission. I love the Lord. And I love all of you! I am so grateful to be here even though it's the hardest thing ever sometimes. Keep on choosing the right!

LES AMO!!!!
Hna. Spider (Snyder is hard for the Mexicans so I like to compare it to "spider" so it helps them out a little:)



No comments:

Post a Comment