This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Lift up thy head and rejoice!


This week! Kind of another tough one. Also, this week has been the Fair, and so pretty much no one has been home. We have walked and walked and walked and walked, but it's been super hard to find anyone. I think we taught less lessons this week than any other week before. Sometimes it's so easy to get discouraged, but I am refusing to let myself feel down!

Sometimes I think that if we were having inspired nightly planning sessions or were really led by the Spirit with every step, we wouldn't walk 30 minutes to a house were no one was home. But then I think of Alma, who was completely rejected from Ammonihah the first time around. Obviously, the Lord knew that they would reject his servant. So why did he send him in the first place? Obviously, he had to learn something. He had to grow in faith and become a bit more refined before he was prepared to meet his ultimate teaching companion, Amulek. 

"Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you." (Alma 8:15)

I'm trying to be more like Alma. Of course sometimes I get discouraged when everything doesn't work out the way I want it to, but that must mean that Heavenly Father is trying my faith in order to refine it and prepare me for something more. 

...If we're following the pattern of Alma and Amulek, must mean we're going to baptize all of Huauchinango! :)


An update on my investigators! Sometimes it's so dang hard... To live the law of chastity these days seems like a crazy idea. Lots of our really great, golden investigators have big problems with this law. But we're working on it! Continued prayers for Victor, Narda, and Gloria would be very much appreciated. On the plus side, there's Josafat, who is so dang awesome! He already has a rock-solid testimony and is excited for his baptism. And, Abi and Paola are doing so great, too! I just love seeing my converts at church. It is THE BEST. 

That's about it for the week! Hna. S. and I are doing well! Sometimes it's so hard to be a missionary but it's the best. I am learning and growing in ways I never knew. The church is true! SHARE IT! About half of the Liahona this month is about sharing the gospel... It's so important. It's really the most important. At the end of the day, sports and music and tests don't matter. But sharing the gospel does. Someday, when we are in the eternities, we will wonder why we didn't try harder. President Eyring said something like this, "One day, when you know your potential, you will be sad you didn't use your time better." And it's true. Don't waste any time wondering who might be prepared. Just share it!

Love you all so much!
Hna. Snyder

As you might notice, the weather in Huauchinango is crazy! One day I burn
 in the sun and the next I am all wrapped up with tights, a scarf, and my coat!



No comments:

Post a Comment