This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, June 22, 2015

(Elder S.) First week back!



Hello family! It's been an awesome first week back in the mission field. President Budge gave me my assignment and told me I was going to Takasaki...which I knew nothing about. Then he told me my follow up trainer was going to be Elder Richards, who I was really good friends
with in the MTC! Whohoo, he's awesome! He is also training Elder Ito, who is awesome. Elder Ito is from Japan and speaks little English but he is so funny and a great missionary. It's a great companionship and we're working really hard to find new people to teach. I'm so excited for the rest of this transfer. I really think we can have great success together.


Right now we are teaching two really solid investigators. Their names are Ishida and his niece Michiko. They are 79 and 60 years old and live together. we teach them every day so I already know them pretty well. they used to fight a lot, but the Gospel is really changing them. it's so awesome to see! Ishida has a baptism date for next month and should definitely get there. Pray for them!
   It's so humid in Japan. I sweat like all day every day... Maybe that's a good thing if I want to lose         weight here, haha. The culture is so different, too. It takes some getting used to. My Japanese isn't        too bad. I actually think I can understand more in lessons that what I did the last time I was here,        which isn't a ton but I can usually get the gist of what's being said. I don't say much but I'll always      share some thoughts and my testimony. I'm learning a lot quickly with Elder Ito, too. Having a           Japanese companion forces me to use much more Japanese and he likes to fix me when I make a          mistake, haha.
This week I've really come to appreciate the power of prayer. There have already been times when I was in need of comfort and I knew Heavenly Father was right there to help me. Ii had one particular experience where I just needed a pick me up. I got down on my knees and said a prayer and when I got up I felt great and ready to get to work. I know the Spirit guides us when we're worthy of his companionship.


I love being a missionary! I love the gospel and how it transforms lives. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. Wherever you are at right now, just strive to be better. We always have room for improvement. the Lord will bless you for your efforts. I love you all!


Love, Elder Snyder
スナイダ長老

 Real katsudon, just as delish as I remember! 


 We found a legit burger place. It was amazing!


 Awesome companionship!


No comments:

Post a Comment