This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, June 29, 2015

(Elder S.) Pickled bamboo and fish jello!

Dear fam,
It was another great week in Takasaki. My companions and I are great! They're so cool. We get along great and we're working super hard. This week we talked to anyone and everyone and it was so much fun. We've been thinking of new ways of finding people. and they're pretty great. In Japan,  just going up to someone and talking to them usually isn't too successful. You have to make them like you and feel like your friend, so we usually either do something nice for them, give them candy, or usually just try to make them laugh. My Japanese is getting way better already. It's been a blessing to have Elder Ito as a companion because it forces me to speak it and he corrects me when I mess up. 

So, President Budge leaves on Wednesday.. Bummer! He's so great. We had the last zone conference with him last week and it was awesome. I'm gonna miss him. Our new mission president is President Nagano. He's Japanese but has been living in America for many years. I'm pretty excited to meet him!

I finally had my first dinner at a member's house! Most of it was pretty good. I had pickled bamboo with fish jello... I can't say I'm a fan. There's a member here who bakes us dozens of cookies every week and they're so good. He tells us they're American recipes and he baked us 90 cookies last week just for the three of us... That's not gonna be too good for my diet.

Our investigator Ishida is doing really well and preparing for baptism. I'm super excited for him. His niece Michiko, though, is not doing so hot. In Japan they have a ceremony called Sado and I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I know they have to drink tea. She just can't imagine the thought of not being able to drink her tea because it's such a huge part of Japanese culture. But we're just having faith and teaching her and praying for her!

I love you guys and I love the gospel! I hope you're doing great. I'm doing awesome and loving being here in Japan.

Love,
スナイダー長老



 Jake needed some things sent from home after he got there. This is what the package looked like when it got to him. He was cracking up and said he loved all the stamps I put on it, but I didn't do it, the lady at the post office did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment