This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, June 22, 2015

(Hermana S.) I have news!


Hola familia!

News, news, I have news! Tomorrow we have transfers... Hermana Bustos is getting transferred. New companion tomorrow! Should be interesting.

Boy, oh boy... this week has been very good. I am so glad to have been able to finish my companionship with Hermana Bustos with a bang. We found 14 new investigators and taught 41 lessons, two goals that we have not been able to accomplish in this whole cycle together. This week, we contacted (minimum) 10 people every day (a standard of the mission), found at least one new investigator every day, invited to baptism in every first lesson, tried with all our might to only be in lessons for 45 minutes and meals for one hour, worked with the members... we gave 'er all we had! I am grateful to been able to finish up the cycle with this week. All in all, I am very thankful for the opportunity to be with Hermana Bustos. I have learned A LOT. These six weeks have been a refining process for me, and for that I am grateful.

This week, we were able to find a new investigator named Judith, who is AWESOME. The only not-so-awesome part is that she didn't come to church on Sunday. That's kinda sad, but the good news is that there's always next Sunday! One day, Hna. Bustos and I were walking down the street and there was a guy and his wife fixing a bike outside of their house. Initially, we walked past them. But afterwards, my comp. and I looked at each other and decided to turn around and present ourselves. They told us that they were Judith and Jaime, and that we would return another day. So, we did! We taught Judith about families and the nature of God, and it turned out to be a very spiritual experience. She accepted a baptismal date and committed to read the Restoration pamphlet. When we returned three days later, she had read the pamphlet and we taught the Restoration. When we returned to give her a Book of Mormon a few days later, she basically bore her testimony of the book after reading a few parts of the introduction. "I have a lot of faith in this book. I am so ready to learn more. This is already changing my life. I know that the truth is right here," she said, tapping the cover. WOW! I am so pumped for her!


Have you seen this video? Wow, so amazing. I watched it for the first time this week and cried. It reminds me so much of my life! Of my dad! Of the sweet countryside where I grew up! Oh how grateful I am for the men in my life: Dad, Grandpa Snyder and Grandpa Phil - all men who have taught me how to WORK! The hardest-working men I have met. And each one so big, strong, and tough, are all men who have also taught me that being sensitive to things of the Spirit, crying, and bearing a sincere and humble testimony are not signs of weakness but of spiritual strength. I love you!!!

I am so grateful for everything. For my family, for my friends, for the mission, for the Gospel, for my life, for the Savior. I love the motto of the mission: "Obedience is the price, faith is the power, love is the motive, the Spirit is the key, and Christ is the reason."

LOVE YOU!!!!!
Hna Snyder


Our sweet little inactive Ester, 68 years old and still kickin' it! 
She went to church yesterday!


 Just a few sheep to brighten your day :)


We love being missionaries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment