This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Charity Never Faileth

Oh. My. Goodness...cuteness overload!

Hola familia!

How goes it?! I hope all is well in PA and it sounds like it is, so that's good. 

I literally have no idea what to write this week! I will just tell you that it's been a week of ups and downs. Things are getting better with my companion and so that's good! She is sooooooo very different from me and so we are still getting to know each other. 

Actopan is awesome. The ward is so organized and everyone works hard in the callings. And we have people that go with us to appointments just about every day! We recieved 20 references this week from an activity that the Bishop did in Sunday School where everyone wrote down a few names of non-members that they know and members that they hadn't seen in church for a while. So we are looking forward to contacting them! You all should do the same, too!

What to write... 

We are finding a lot of success looking for less-actives on our member directory. We found a part-member family this week that is very promising. The wife (Miriam) is a member of 4 years but hasn't come to church in just about 4 years, haha. She is married to a non-member (Giovani), actually he's atheist, and they have 3 little kids. We are teaching Giovani and he is a little closed off to religion but he listens and I think we're gonna crack him!

Also, Francisco's baptism is on Saturday! I am so excited! He has come such a long way in such a short amount of time. We fasted together on Sunday and he gave a FAST OFFERING. Ahhhhh I love that guy! He really has experienced the light of the gospel illuminate his life. I am so happy for him. We are figuring out how he is going to do the baptism with his leg... :) Pictures to come! 

Other than that, I am good! The work is a little slow right now, I can't lie. It's a little hard with some different things going on but I am ready to work this week. More than anything, family, this week I would like to tell you how I am learning about the spiritual gift of charity. It's so easy to love someone who respects you and loves you back. But the true test is if we can love those that don't like us so much. We must follow the example of the Savior and "love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you." It's a gift that we must study out, pray for with all of the energy of our souls (as Moroni counsels), and act in a way that shows to heaven that we really desire this divine gift (Elder Bednar, Character of Christ). I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for granting me a portion of this spiritual gift. Remember that without charity, we are nothing!

I love you all so much! Have the best week ever! :)

Looooooooooooooooooove,
Hna Snyder
Hermana B's first PB&J. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment