This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, August 17, 2015

(Elder S.) Sacrifice brings blessings

Hey everyone! We had a super busy week last week. On Monday we had
zone p-day and we went bowling with all the missionaries in the zone
which was pretty fun. I couldn't remember the last time I went bowling
but I think I had the best score I've ever had...like a 115, haha.
Pretty impressive! I also went on companion exchanges and got to go
back to Narita for the day which was my very first area! It was sweet
and I got to see some old members and investigators and they still
remembered me. It was pretty fun!

I've had a lot of great spiritual experiences lately. It's so awesome
to have that great feeling and knowing that the Savior is right there
with us. We had Zone Conference the other day and we learned a lot
about our new mission president, President Nagano. He is so awesome!
You can tell that he is just full of love for all the missionaries and
all of our investigators.  I think that he's very inspired and is
coming up with a lot of great new things that are really going to help
the work here in Tokyo. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to be
involved in this great work.

We're still working really hard with Takano and Flavio. Flavio's
baptism date is coming up here on the 29th! We are super excited for
him but we're still trying to work with his parents to get permission
for him to be baptized. They've had some bad experiences with other
churches in the past so they're a little worried. I know that when we
put complete trust in the Lord, His will will be done. We have some
other new people that we're teaching too which is great!

Recently I've watched the church videos about John Tanner and John
Rowe Moyle. It's so amazing to me the sacrifice of the early saints.
We can all learn from their sacrifices and try to give just a little
more to the Lord each day. I know that we can recieve countless
blessings if we do. I love you all and stay safe!

Love Elder Snyder


スナイダー長老

 This is me in Dad's old missionary suit and a fun member!


Bowling pins!!


No comments:

Post a Comment