This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, August 24, 2015

(Elder S.) Shibuya Crossing


Hey everyone!

Last week started off really, really great, probably the best week of
my mission. We saw tons of miracles and met so many new people. It was
really awesome and Elder Canfield and I were feeling on top of the
world! We had five people promise to be at church on Sunday, which we
were super excited about. Only two of them came which we were kinda
disappointed about. Then Monday started off really well. We had a
couple lessons before dinner and set a new baptism date with Takano!
That was a great thing that happened. But... Then we had a lesson with
Flavio and he told us that he's not ready to be baptized on Saturday.
That was a pretty hard blow for us. We thought he was ready!! On
Sunday we decided to fast for him and I've been praying really hard
for him. He told us he hasn't felt the Spirit yet so he doesn't know
if these things can really be true. All we can do for now is try to
get him to have/recognize spiritual experiences and find out where and
why his faith is lacking. He met the missionaries about a year ago and
has been taught everything a few times... Tough!

Temple p-day was really fun today! I love that our mission does this
every transfer. It's sweet to see everyone from other areas of the
mission and talk to old buddies. But today for some reason, in the
Temple I felt the Spirit stronger than I ever have in my life. It hit
me pretty hard! I think Heavenly Father is trying to tell me to keep
having faith. We also went to the Shibuya crossing in Tokyo which is
the most crowded intersection in the world. It was pretty sweet and
there were tons of people there with video cameras and everyone
videoing on their phones. Pretty cool!

I hope you find ways to strengthen your faith every day. The church is
true and Christ lives! Praying for you all!

I love you! Elder Snyder

愛しているよ! スナイダー長老




No comments:

Post a Comment