This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, August 10, 2015

(Elder S.) Yachiyooooo!

Hello my family! It's been a great week. Elder Canfield and I are
just working like crazy. I don't remember waking up in the morning
feeling so sore since high school football camp! Haha. There aren't
many city places here in Yachiyo to do streeting so we do a lottt of
housing. It's really helping my Japanese out a lot. I'm glad your
vacation was awesome! I love good ol' Montana.

So this week we met a guy from America named Steve. He's married to a
Japanese lady and has been living here for about 10 years. He has a
Christian background and we teach him in English, two things that you
don't encounter much here in Japan. He's a really cool guy and is
interested in the church and wants to learn more! Takano and Flavio
are doing about the same. We're still just trying to find ways for
them to strengthen their testimonies so they can reach their baptismal
dates.

That's about all I have for this week. I've felt the guidance of the
Spirit in our missionary work as we strive to be obedient and work as
hard as we can. Sometimes it's just a small miracle of someone
accepting a pamphlet or giving you a bag of fresh tomatoes out of
their garden. When we seek this guidance through prayer, faith and
righteousness, God will bless us. This is the great blessing we have
as members of the Lord's church. I love you guys!

Love Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment