This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, August 3, 2015

(Hermana S.) Another great week

Hola familia!

It's been a great week in Actopan! I had my interview with President and it was so great. He is so wise and spiritual. I feel like when we're in interviews, you can say two words that triggers a stream of pure inspiration from heaven. He helped me to understand many things, for which I am eternally grateful. More than anything, in my interview I was able to feel the love of Heavenly Father and a lot of gratitude for the opportunity to be serving a mission. Being a missionary is just the best. I can't think of a better place to mold yourself into the person that the Savior wants you to be.

This week with Hermana Cevallos has been great. I love her! We laugh and work hard and we are getting to be great friends. I told President in the interview, "At first you might think she's a little quiet or serious, but she's not! She's a little firecracker!" We love being together and received the confirmation today that we don't have cambios tomorrow, so it's Actopan for 6 more weeks! Whoo! 

It's gonna get crazy here, and fast, because tomorrow we're only going to be 4 missionaries. Zenteno and Langdon are outta here, which I am very sad about. I got used to having my mamá around all the time and now that we're going to be separated again (and probably for good), I'm sad. But I'll get over it with all the work we have to do here. The ward boundaries here are stinking huge! I am nervous. I feel like there is a lot riding on us and there are so many people to visit. So. Many. Members. There are about 800 on the ward list and the average number at church is about 200-230. We'll see how this goes...

The great news is... we got bikes!!! On Saturday Sister Egbert brought us bikes and we are loving it! We get around so much faster and I am so grateful. 

I feel like there are lots of great things happening but at the moment I'm not remembering anything specific. We have lots of investigators but we're having a hard time getting them to church. So we're kinda sad about that but we're just gonna keep working. I've got to start writing in my journal again every night. I've gotten into a bad habit of not doing it. I know that if I write every day, I will find it easier to recognize the hand of the Lord every day. 

I have been reviewing the General Conference talks and, wow, how great was this past General Conference? As I was reading and studing, an inspired question popped into my mind that I'd like to ask all of you: What changes have you made in your life since the last General Conference? I'd like to hear a short answer from everyone, please! 

 I love you all! I love the mission! 

Looooooooooove,
Hna. Spider



No comments:

Post a Comment