This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, August 17, 2015

(Hermana S.) Working hard, physically and spiritually

How great has this week been? Very great! Yesterday was a little stinky because it's the second week in a row that we went to pick up a bunch of investigators before church and no one ended up going. That's hard. But I actually turned out being pretty happy at church because two families and another individual, all less-actives that we have been working with, went to church! I must confess that my vision has changed a lot in these few weeks. I have become a lot more aware of the importance of working with the less-actives. There are so many members here and so few that go to church, relatively speaking. We have begun to work with more less-actives and really it's beautiful. I never knew the joy of hearing a less-active say that they've read 8 chapters of the Book of Mormon or see them in the chapel. It really lifts my spirits and gets me pumped to keep working!

Today we had a zone activity. Fun fact of Hermana Snyder: in my 10 months in the mission, I hadn't gone to one zone activity. To defend myself I'd like to say that I have only been in areas where you have to travel a ways to get to the stake center. Hahaha... But today was an activity of the whole mission at the Egbert's commands, so we had to go. We did a bunch of exercises and then ate a healthy lunch. Pres. and Sister Egbert are super healthy so they want us to understand the importance of exercise and diet. So it was fun. We played ball so I was happy. Haha. But just for the record, I'd like to tell you all that I am a good little exercizer! I really like to exercise in the morning and get a good sweat on! 

Judith (it's ju-DEETH in spanish) is doing good but she didn't show up to church yesterday. :( She had company that arrived on Saturday night and I can only guess that it's the reason she didn't go to church. Sadness. But we're gonna get her to stake conference next week!

What's more to say? I'm doing great in Actopan and I really love it here with all of my heart. The bikes are great even though sometimes they tire me out. But we get around so much faster, I can't complain. Hermana Cevallos is so great. I love her so much. We are working so hard. 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your emails, your prayers, constant support and love. You are my favorite people ever!

Hna. e-snay-dair :)

Our exercise zone activity:




The bikes tire us out but I'm still the happiest missionary you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment