This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, October 19, 2015

(Elder S.) Life is great!

Hellooooo! Another awesome week in Japan! Life is great! We're seeing
many miracles and I know Heavenly Father is guiding and blessing us.


We got to meet with D's brother R this week! We do teach them
in English, which is way nice. Anyway we taught him the
restoration and then committed him to be baptized when he comes to
know these things are true. He replied "but, I've already been
baptized.. You want me to get baptized again?" We taught him that
because the priesthood was restored through Joseph Smith, we now have
the authority of God to baptize. When I was testifying of this to him
I felt a burning in my chest and knew that the Holy Ghost was
confirming my words. He then told us that he understands and will be
baptized by someone holding the priesthood. So awesome! Unfortunately
our gold K is so dang busy that we weren't able to meet him this
week. But he's still awesome.

Being district leader is pretty fun but adds a lot of busyness and a
little stress to the schedule! At the beginning of the week I had one
of the coolest experiences I've ever had. One where God straight up
gave me the answer. The day after transfer calls I was feeling a
little worried about being a DL because of all the responsibilities
that come with it. During my morning prayer on Tuesday, the words
"Ephesians 7&8" randomly came into my head. I thought, "what the heck
is that, I've probably never read those chapters in my life?!" I went
and opened up my scriptures and of course there were only 6 chapters
in Ephesians. I then read all of the verses 7&8 in Ephesians..and it
was crazy. The verses go together like a separate chapter. In the
first 4 chapters, they talk about the grace of Jesus Christ and how
the apostle Paul was made a minister by grace, even though he
considered himself "less than the least of all saints". In the next 2
chapters they talk about being children of light and giving service to
the Lord. I will never ever forget that experience. I think I've read
those verses 20 times since then. And it still blows my mind. But, it
was just what I needed. God really is a worker of miracles!

I love you all so much! Have an awesome week!

Love, Elder Snyder


Finally, some pics of temple p-day and Japan SkyTree!:









No comments:

Post a Comment