This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, October 19, 2015

(Hermana S.) What Lack I Yet?

Helllllooooo familia!

It's been a great week! This week I reached one year in the mission. That is SO WEIRD. I only have 4 transfers left, which feels like the blink of an eye. I don't even know what to do with myself. Just kidding, I know exactly what to do - WORK!

I just love the mission. This week was good. Interesting, because we are not going to have the baptisms that we had planned. But you know what, I think it's better that way. H needs to be baptized with his mom so that he has a strong support and remains active in the church. And I just isn't ready. He needs more preparation so that he feels comfortable and excited for this eternity-changing moment. I have been able to learn the importance of this preparation as I get farther into the mission. We are looking for real converts, and that requires patience, diligence, and preparation. We are willing to pay the price!

Also, we had two new baptismal dates in church yesterday! S, a 60-or-so-year-old lady that we are teaching that is SO CUTE! She really doesn't know much about religion or the Bible or anything, and she is so humble about it. She wants to learn and is reading the Book of Mormon and we are so excited for her. When we went to pick her up for church, she was waiting outside for us! Pray for her!!! And M, a 21-year-old kid that we invited to church in a contact and he said that he would go to church. So when we went to pick him up he was all ready and said he was worried that we weren't going to come! And then in the chapel he accepted a baptismal date! Boo-ya! 

I am happy. I love the mission. This week President sent us the talk, "What Lack I Yet?" by Elder Lawrence and we are to study it this week. I'd like to try a little experiment with you guys! This week, will you study this talk? Read it, study it, meditate it, and give me your thoughts. What did you learn? What called your attention? How have you been able to apply it? What changes have you made? I love you all so much, and since Christmas last year when President taught us this principle, I have changed. I know that by asking, "What lack I yet?" the Spirit can whisper what we can change in this moment to become more like the Savior. 

How grateful I am for Him! For His love! For His example! For His Gospel!  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment