This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, October 5, 2015

(Elder S.) Grateful for Grace

Hey! Sounds like you all had a really great and exciting week! We had
a pretty good week and a half here in Yachiyo. And you might be
wondering why I'm emailing so late this week.. We had Temple p-day
this week and it was on a Wednesday for some reason. I loooove that
our mission does temple p-day every transfer. It's awesome being able
to go every 6 weeks. So great!  Also, it's my companion's second to
last transfer so he wanted to go to Tokyo Sky Tree after the temple.
That was pretty fun and we got to go up one of the tallest buildings
in the world. Pretty cool experience!

I'm glad to hear my li'l niece has touched ground safe! She's quite the
cute, chunky baby. Seth I loved those videos of Tuck. He's so awesome.
Also glad you all got to watch conference. It sounds like it was a
pretty exciting and spiritual one. Because of the time difference we
will be watching it this coming weekend. So excited to hear from our
Prophet and leaders!

So this week... for some reason I haven't had an appetite. I think
I've only eaten 3 meals in the past 4 days.. Not sure why 'cause I
don't really feel sick but my stomach just gets uneasy with the
thought of food. Pretty weird. My companion says he doesn't know where
his companion went.

Sorry I don't have much time, but I'll share with you one thing that I
have learned this past week and received spiritual confirmation of.
God doesn't ask us to not have weaknesses. God has given us many
weaknesses that we can learn from, be humbled by and overcome. As a
missionary, I think all of my weaknesses are put under a magnifying
glass. Because I'm hard-headed and want to be as good as possible I
tend to get angry at myself for having weaknesses that I feel like I
shouldn't have. I read the other day Ether 12 and in the Bible
Dictionary "grace". If you haven't done so lately, do it. I'm so
amazed at the grace of our Savior. Although we are unable to overcome
all of our weaknesses on our own, by His grace we are able to be
propelled forward. He will make up the difference. Please seek it out,
and do all you can to overcome your weaknesses because you won't be
doing it alone. I'm so grateful for our Savior and all the blessings
we receive from the Gospel.

Love you guys, have a great rest of your week!
Elder Snyder

スナイダー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment