This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, October 12, 2015

(Elder S.) Staying in Yachiyo

Well, another transfer has come and gone. They go way fast! I'm very
happy to say that I will be staying for another transfer in Yachiyo.
And my companion is still Elder Kuroiwa. I'm also becoming a District
leader for the first time.. Little nervous but should be fun! I'm
really excited for the next transfer! How about General Conference? That was
sooo good! I hope you all found ways to improve, because I sure
did. Imagine if everyone in the world watched conference.. I think
they would all be converted, haha.

So we had an awesome lesson with our investigator Kaito last week and
invited him to baptism when he comes to know these things are true. He
said, "Yes, of course.  I already know these things are true!" He is so
awesome! He's 19, loves baseball and is a college student here in
Japan. Right now the big focus in all of the missions here in Japan
has been "sweet spot" aged investigators. Those are people ages 15-26 

that will be able to go on missions, marry in the temple and
raise families in the gospel. Another awesome thing is that Dennis
referred his 17 year old brother to us! We're pretty excited to start
teaching him now too. We also had a few bummers this week, having to
drop our investigators Flavio and Takano. Right now neither of them
want to progress and we decided that we need to have enough faith to
drop them so we'll have more time to go find more golden sweet spots!

Well I hope you all are doing great! I sure am and loving serving here
in Japan. Love y'all!
Love Elder Snyder



スナイダー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment