This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, October 26, 2015

(Hermana S.) I Love Training!

OKAY I AM JUST SO EXCITED THAT I AM GOING TO WRITE IN ALL-CAPS!!!!!

We got the transfer call this morning and they told us that Hna. Vasquez has transfers tomorrow (obviously, she's going home!) but that Hna. Cerna and I weren't going to have transfers. But President just called me and gave me the news that Sister Cerna and I are going to be in trio again because WE ARE GOING TO TRAIN!!!!! And then at the end of this cycle, Hna. Cerna goes home and I am going to finish training her. I AM SO HAPPY! First of all, our trio this cycle must have been a huge success because President really doesn't like trios at all. But I am so grateful for this opportunity. I LOVE TRAINING! I LOVE THE MISSION! I LOVE LIFE! I am just a little happy. Haha. LOVE YOU!

(Later in the day)

Hello!  Before you die from worry, stop it. Haha. I am fine! We are experiencing verrrrry light effects from Hurricane Patricia. A little rain and wind, and that's about it! They say that as soon at it hit land it decreased like 4 degrees in severity. So, don't worry! All your powerful prayers calmed the storm! 

It's been a good week! I am SO HAPPY because we are going to have a baptism soon! The first in a long time in the area... like 10 months or something. WHOO!!! There are no "bad areas," at least in this mission. I love what Jake told us in his letter this week: "Make your area a baptizing area!" That goes for all you folks at home too! We still have two weeks to wait for R's baptism but we reviewed the baptimal interview questions with him yesterday and he is READY! We are just going to wait so that his parents can come. :') That's a happy cry! His girlfriend (the bishop's daughter) is so ecstatic and I'm pretty sure she is already planning her temple wedding for a year from his baptism! :)

***Sorry, at this point I am flipping out inside because President just called me with the news that I sent you!!!!!!

I had the great opportunity to study the talk "Eyes to See and Ears to Hear" by Elder Kim B. Clark this week. I loved it ever since the first time I heard it (maybe because he's the President of BYU-I so I paid special attention ;) but this week, wow, it took on a whole new meaning. I realized I need to better recognize all the tender mercies and small miracles of the Lord every day. By realizing them and thanking Him more often and more fervently, I may be more receptive to the Holy Spirit and be able to follow Him at all times. I set a goal to write in my journal how I have been able to see the hand of the Lord every day. It will be a little difficult to find the time to do it every night but I know that my spirituality will increase and I will become more fluent in the language of the Spirit. 

I think my mind is jammed up with excitement so that's just about all she wrote. But I love you all so much! Have the best week ever! I will send you pictures next week with a new little trainee :) Love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment