This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, January 25, 2016

(Elder S.) Awesome update!

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been able to send a nice email so I'll update you on what's been going on. So, I'm in a place called Koga right now, which is a big area and pretty countryside. There aren't tons of people on the streets so we really have to seek them out to talk to people. Also, the church is a 35ish minute bike ride and the train station is 20 minutes from our house. Everything else is pretty spread out, including our members and investigators.. So, needless to say, we do a lot of biking here! It's about the opposite of Yachiyo, my last area, where everything was pretty close and most of our lessons were at the church which was only a 30 second walk from our apartment. So I'm still getting used to it! I'm thinking I'm gonna have thighs of steel by the time I'm out of Koga. The weather in Koga is pretty mild. We've had one little snow storm with 4 or 5 inches, but it was mostly gone by the next day. The wind sure likes to blow, though, so that's not always fun, haha! 

My companion Elder Ogata is an awesome missionary. It's pretty fun being companions with him. He is from Fukuoka, Japan and speaks some English. He's funny! Right now we don't have tons of investigators but one or two solid ones that are progressing. So, we are doing lots of finding and member work. The ward here is pretty solid, about 90 or so members at church every week. The awesome part is the youth! They have a really good group of youth members, so we're actually focusing a lot of our member work on them. 

There was a world wide missionary broadcast given by the general authorities last week, the first broadcast for all the missionaries worldwide in over 10 years. It was pretty cool because a lot of missionaries were expecting some throw down stuff or some big changes, but everything they talked about is found in Preach My Gospel. It was a big testimony builder for me of the power of sticking to the basics, kind of like one of Pres. Uchtdorf's talks from this past conference. Once we get the basics down, the rest will come.

We came to Tokyo tonight and we are having exchanges with the assistants tomorrow. I'm going with Elder Sugimoto who is a super awesome missionary. Should be fun! I love being a missionary. It's amazing to me how every piece of this church's puzzle fits right together. I know it's true and my testimony is strengthened every day. Love you guys! 

Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment