This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, January 4, 2016

(Elder S.) Perfect love casteth out fear...

Hellllloooo! Well, it's been a good end to another transfer. Elder Hugo
and I finished the transfer out strong, especially with our
members. We had a lot of meals with members around the holidays and we
have started making family mission plans with them. Hopefully these
will get members way more interested in sharing the gospel with their
friends. So, actually the number of active members in the church in
Japan is decreasing right now. But, President Eyring prophesied a few
years ago that the church in Japan will flourish once the members
start doing missionary work. So, we are trying to make that happen. It
needs to change! Sometimes the church in Japan reminds me of
Pennsylvania.. Get to work with the missionaries and help change the
culture of the church and missionary work in PA, starting from
Somerset!

So I'm getting transferred out of Yachiyo.. And I'm going to a place
called Koga. Kind of sad to leave this place and the people here but
I'm excited to start somewhere new. I'm leaving Elder Hugo and
I'm getting my first Japanese companion, Elder Ogata! I actually came
to Japan with him the first time so I'm very excited to work with him.
And I'm becoming a zone leader with him, too, so I'm excited for that!
I'm also looking forward to learning lots of Japanese, haha!

Lately, my focus as a missionary has been to do more because I love
these people.  More charity! I read Mosiah 28:3 the other day... "Now
they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every
creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish;
yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless
torment did cause them to quake and tremble." This verse made me
analyze myself and ask myself what my driving force is. I want to have
this mindset, like the sons of Mosiah did. That isn't only for
missionaries but for everyone. Think about how much the gospel blesses
us, and how much others need it too. Don't be scared! Remember Moroni
8:16 "...for perfect love casteth out all fear." Love you all, have a
great week!

Love, Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment