This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, January 4, 2016

(Hermana S.) Happy New Year!

Hellllllo family! 

It's been a very good week. We set a goal to work more with the members and were able to accomplish it! So we were very happy with that. This week we fasted and are focused on finding families. Since the fast we've found two... individuals. But hey! We'll keep looking! I realized that I haven't been really good with keeping you updated on the investigators, so here's the scoop:

Hernán: He's 52 and lives alone. Divorced. He's had a crazyyyyy life. Seriously, crazy. It includes a few years in jail and getting kicked out of the family business, but he's in the repentence process. He loves us a lot and we love him. He's seriously one of the most expressive people I have ever met, always saying hi and smiling to everyone. He has gone to church 3 times but his big challenge is that he smokes. We fasted yesterday so that he can stop. #PRAYERS

Violeta: I sent you a pic last week of Violeta and her little girls and her mom. She is 27 and is a lawyer. She's a single mom and she's awesome. So smart and willing to learn. She went to church once and also to the ward Christmas activity but she's having a few doubts right now that are making her worry a lot. #PRAYERS

Cecilio: He's the cute old guy! 80 years old and still kicking it. He lives alone so we teach him always with members. He's so cute; he always says, "Hermanitas, I need you to prepare me for my baptism!" So that's what we're doing. He also went to church one time but for some odd reason he didn't go yesterday. That has a little worried. #PRAYERS

Estela: She's 56 and she is a cute little lady. She has studied with lots of other religions but hasn't found the truth. Her big problem is that she doesn't see well enough to read, so she can't read the BoM. It's a challenge. But we're working and reading with her. She has 3 Sundays in church and had a baptismal date for the 16th but she got super sick this week and couldn't go... Ugh, lots of trials, but we'll get through it. She still has lots of doubts and is searching for answers. #PRAYERS

And there are many more... we are teaching a few families with a lots of potential but they haven't gone to church yet, so it's still up in the air. But... Sister Egbert called us this week and told us to look for a house to rent because it's very likely that they open an area here in Villas in 2 weeks. That means they're dividing the ward in 2 and we'll most likely have to give the new missionaries the majority of our investigators because they're on the other side....... This will be a grand trial for me, giving up these investigators. I love them so much and I know their needs and their potential. But, I must accept the will of God. #PRAYERS

In other news, we passed the new year, well, mas o menos. I got sick and threw up. Eww! I hadn't thrown up in such a long time! It was overdue. But I got it all out of my system and we're back to business. :)

That's about it for the week! I can't believe we're starting 2016. I remember when I arrived to the mission in 2014 and 2016 seems lightyears away. So crazy. I've been thinking about my goals for this year and they're a lot different from last year's goals. But I know we must look forward with faith! Remember the story of Lot in Genesis? The Lord helped him and his wife escape from the city that was being destroyed. He gave them one command: don't look back. When they were on the way out, I imagine that Lot's wife heard all the craziness and destruction going on behind them and out of sheer curiosity made the mistake of glancing behind. In that moment, she was turned into a beam of salt. Oops! Let's not look back but look forward with faith and hope towards the future. (This is really more for me than for ayone else..) #2016 #ANIMO!

Love you!!!!!!!!
Hna. Snyder











No comments:

Post a Comment